U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 04:32 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,270,267 times

Advertisements

NW Ohio here.

I would say the big ones are (in no particular order);

Lake Erie islands/Cedar Point
Northern Michigan
Chicago
Vegas
Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 11:38 PM

90 posts, read 67,570 times
I live in San Francisco so naturally most of us travel to LA as a first road-trip or family vacation than Vegas would probably come second.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM

18,021 posts, read 22,342,309 times
For Quebecers when travelling outside the province, in no particular order:

Winter

Florida
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Las Vegas

Summer

Acadian parts of New Brunswick
Prince Edward Island
France
New York City
Maine seacoast (Old Orchard etc)
South Jersey shore (Wildwood, Cape May)
Niagara Falls
Florida

Old 08-13-2017, 01:21 PM

8,781 posts, read 6,069,331 times
Acajack is right to break into seasons.

In summer people do trips closer to home such as The Okanagan Valley, Vancouver Island or one of the Gulf Islands. Driving holidays tend to head south to California. SF is only a 19 hour drive away. Many other great spots within the province as well, like the Sunshine Coast and the Kootenays.

Europe. People I know at my age tend to go anytime throughout the year.

Winter.

My guess is Mexico is probably the number one place, at least with the people I know. Hawaii is also very popular, as is Cuba, Costa Rica. Some may fly to California, mainly Palm Springs where many have bought places.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:22 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,376,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
For Quebecers when travelling outside the province, in no particular order:

Winter

Florida
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Las Vegas
It seems that people in Quebec travel to these places in order to escape the cold temperatures...

Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 AM

18,021 posts, read 22,342,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
It seems that people in Quebec travel to these places in order to escape the cold temperatures...
Ummm... yes of course.

I've never done that that often but yes, it's a very common travel choice in the winter here.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:56 PM

5,743 posts, read 9,359,497 times
Quite lame there are tons of North American USA losers not traveling nearly around the practical dreamy frequency occurrence interval to allow another Worldly status of honor. Even when that is usually nobody’s fault. Genuine sympathy for them. Trust me, only the top 30% of USA citizens really travel.

Geography is a solid advantage when entering mainland Europe, or even the Middle East, Mainland Asia. Able to get further with less cash.

On the contrary, I want to now focus on Constanta Romania. Where I have my only International residential stay outside of NYC/seattle Americas. Even when people are poor, they are going to Italy, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece quite easily. For the wealthier ones, why not Thailand, China, Azerbaijan, South Korea? Oh no, I hope deep down these ethnic Romanians are not racist. Maybe just ignorant when appreciating from far away?

Old 08-19-2017, 11:44 PM

15,819 posts, read 19,516,868 times
In California, the most popular are in-state destinations; norcal to socal and socal to norcal.

Californians traveling within the US in no particular order:
Seattle
Grand Canyon
Las Vegas
Reno
Florida
Hawaii
New York
Various National Parks
Alaska
New Orleans

Outside the US in no particular order:
Europe (Spain, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Ireland in no particular order)
Carribean
Mexico
Japan
China

Old 08-20-2017, 12:00 AM

14,607 posts, read 15,384,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Quite lame there are tons of North American USA losers not traveling nearly around the practical dreamy frequency occurrence interval to allow another Worldly status of honor. Even when that is usually nobody’s fault. Genuine sympathy for them. Trust me, only the top 30% of USA citizens really travel.

Geography is a solid advantage when entering mainland Europe, or even the Middle East, Mainland Asia. Able to get further with less cash.

On the contrary, I want to now focus on Constanta Romania. Where I have my only International residential stay outside of NYC/seattle Americas. Even when people are poor, they are going to Italy, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece quite easily. For the wealthier ones, why not Thailand, China, Azerbaijan, South Korea? Oh no, I hope deep down these ethnic Romanians are not racist. Maybe just ignorant when appreciating from far away?
I love to go to Wisconsin Dells! have you ever been there?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:09 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,376,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Ummm... yes of course.

I've never done that that often but yes, it's a very common travel choice in the winter here.
Maybe it sounds me weird because here in Brazil the winter is never very cold, we have at most drizzle, clouds and wind. Yesterday was the second coldest afternoon in SP of 2017, and the maximum reached 13°C. Thus, people in winter here go to places where the winter is more rigorous, in order to see frost, to drink wine and to eat chocolate.

But, as canadians experience real winters, much below the freezing point... it makes sense that you want to flee out of this. The lowest temperature which I experienced was -16°C, in Switzerland. This is so cold that we cannot even feel the touch in the skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World