U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 05:43 PM

1,675 posts, read 682,704 times

Advertisements

Where do most people where you live go. Here where i reside now(Brazil), Argentina is the destination of choice followed by the US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 06:47 PM

3,664 posts, read 2,036,617 times
I live in California. The most popular vacation destinations among my acquaintances, who are mostly families with children from infancy up through their teens and early twenties, seem to be:

San Francisco/northern California coast

Yosemite

Las Vegas

Mexico

Grand Canyon / "The River"

Yellowstone / Grand Tetons

Hawaii

Alaska (on a cruise)

New York City

Washington, D.C.

International vacations are not especially common and are so varied that it's impossible to pick just one or two: Costa Rica, Ecuador, Canada, Mexico (mentioned above), Italy, Israel, etc.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:24 PM

1,754 posts, read 467,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Where do most people where you live go. Here where i reside now(Brazil), Argentina is the destination of choice followed by the US
Where I live, Washington state, people like to go to the Oregon coast, Arizona or Hawaii in winter and also Cabo, Mexico.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:45 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,894,725 times
The number one destination for people from my hometown is the Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, Florida. I love my people, but come on folks.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:53 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,923,389 times
I live in the Washington D.C. (USA) area. Most people I know like to vacation/holiday in the beach communities of (Rehoboth Beach/Ocean City/Virginia Beach/North Carolina's Outer Banks), or in the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west. Internationally, France/Italy/Spain/U.K..

Old 07-31-2017, 03:12 AM

5,528 posts, read 8,819,145 times
I live in Paris.
The French choose always the same destinations for their vacations usually :
- either they stay home and spend their holidays on the coasts -the most popular being in that order : the Med coast, Brittany, the SW coast/Basque country, then closing the "parade", the Normandy and Channel coasts , who have their regular fans
-either they travel to (in that order):
1. Spain
2. Portugal/Greece
4. Italy
5. Morocco/Tunisia
7. Thailand
8. the French Caribbean/ Dominican Republic
10. the US
11. Reunion/ Mauritius
12. Croatia
13. Senegal/Madagascar
14. Cuba

You can see by this list that they have pretty little interest in most other European countries (save the Mediterranean)and that a lot of them travel in summer to tropical countries where it's low season (wet season, muggy rainy and unpleasant). Which is mind-bliwing in my opinion, for the weather in France in July-August is muchmore pleasant than in Thailand or in the Caribbean during that period. But a lot of them vacation with their children who are off school in summer, and a lot of businesses close in July-August, so they don't have much choice. And they even believe they are making a bargain, for usually the low season (or "green season " in Central America) is less expensive.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:17 AM

4,416 posts, read 1,271,152 times
Brits mainly head for the Mediterranean resorts, although Paris and other cities are popular detinations via Eurostar trains and budget airlines. France and Spain are the two biggest detinations in terms of British tourists as you can see in the article below.

Where do Brits go on holiday, and who comes on holiday to Britain? - Guardian

In terms of the US NYC, New England, Florida, California and Vegas are all popular destinations.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-31-2017 at 04:28 AM..

Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 PM

26,790 posts, read 27,142,885 times
Since people where I live are from all over the world, they travel all over the world because they go back to their places of origin to visit relatives/friends!

Old 07-31-2017, 01:17 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,343,580 times
Brazil is a very huge country, and it's natural that Brazil itself is the destination of the overwhelming majority of brazilian travellers. In terms of tourism, Brazil has almost everything to offer. If you are addicted to ecotourism, Brazil has lots of forests and rivers. If you like sun and beach, Brazil has an enormous coast. If you like folk culture, then you have the southern states. If you like history and culture, Minas Gerais, Rio, Pernambuco and Bahia are your place. If you like large cities, you have São Paulo. Brazil lacks only winter destinations; thus, brazilians wanting to experience snow and ski go to Argentina or Chile.

When Brazilians travel abroad, including outside Latin America, Florida is the preferred destination. Other major destinations in USA and cities in West Europe (mostly Portugal and Spain) are also popular. Very few brazilians visit Asia and even fewer visit Africa.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:12 PM

3,107 posts, read 4,582,671 times
Once again most Australians travel within Australia. Even then it would mostly only be a couple hours drive from their own home.

Internationally, the Pacific islands (including NZ), East Asia, the US and UK are the most popular destinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World