U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Cannes
1,675 posts, read 682,704 times
Reputation: 1015

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The Philly homers have gone international, go figure. As an FYI Philly has an unemployment rate of 6% (the US average is 4.4%, most professional jobs are in the suburbs versus downtown and the average rent for a one bedroom apartment is close to $1500 per month...on what planet is that "inexpensive"?
Depends on what you compare Philly to....In my personal opinion i was impressed with Philly, along with Chicago and SF it was one of my favorite cities. 1500 is not bad for what it has to offer in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM
 
18,072 posts, read 24,203,901 times
Reputation: 14866
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Depends on what you compare Philly to....In my personal opinion i was impressed with Philly, along with Chicago and SF it was one of my favorite cities. 1500 is not bad for what it has to offer in my opinion.
What cities "have to offer" isn't a set criteria, rather personal preferences and for most $1500 a month is no where near inexpensive/best bang for the buck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Cannes
1,675 posts, read 682,704 times
Reputation: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What cities "have to offer" isn't a set criteria, rather personal preferences and for most $1500 a month is no where near inexpensive/best bang for the buck.
That's your opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
306 posts, read 60,160 times
Reputation: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
That's your opinion
Agreed. Expensive is a relative thing and is highly dependent on your income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Status: "And the shadow of the day" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Iquitos
9,836 posts, read 3,999,341 times
Reputation: 3235
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The Philly homers have gone international, go figure. As an FYI Philly has an unemployment rate of 6% (the US average is 4.4%, most professional jobs are in the suburbs versus downtown and the average rent for a one bedroom apartment is close to $1500 per month...on what planet is that "inexpensive"?
For Northeast US, Philly indeed seems to be very affordable. It seems like if you want to live in NYC or Boston, but dont have NYC/Boston money, then Philly is a good alternative. Ive never visited because Ive never had friends from there sadly, but recently I met a Brazilian friend here from Philly, so when I go back to the states I want to explore it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:43 AM
 
5,718 posts, read 9,249,153 times
Reputation: 2932
Literally the current wealthiest independent republic in Planet Earth is quite incredibly affordable with Doha Qatar. Never replicating the increasing cost of living problems relative sorrows happening with Norway, Switzerland, Singapore, Sweden, San Francisco California where there are exorbitant costs severely reducing the total natural worth of their own native currency money supplies. Luxurious carrying on of everyday euphoric freedoms each member of society rightfully deserves. Even the comfortably middle class are vulnerable to bankruptcy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top