U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 12:15 AM
FBF

535 posts, read 560,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoFinatto View Post
We have an identical law. In the whole country. It's awful, we brazilians travel to USA and Europe and we just don't know what to do in a gas station without an employee doing the service.
Mexico does that, as well. I guess it is a job to be given for countries where the gap between rich and poor is wide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 07:50 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,961,799 times
It is illegal to bring a whale into the state of Oklahoma. In Omaha, it is illegal to burp or sneeze during a church service.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:24 PM

13,491 posts, read 16,175,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
It is always fun to learn about some weird laws around the world
Illegal immigrants who crossed the Mexican border into the United States are allowed to stay in this country permanently if they want to. They can have babies and collect welfare. They don't have to speak English. In some states, they can even get driver's licenses and go to college.

How generous this country is.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 PM

1,553 posts, read 646,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In China, it is illegal to ignore elderly parents (both emotionally and financially).
Some old people sued their children for not visiting them frequently and won.
I think it is a good idea.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:06 PM

5,762 posts, read 9,498,493 times
Business store owners are strangely able to take anyone out permanently that is a customer with literally no justifiable reason. Never allowing them to return ever again. Police officers just strictly abide to these false principles. Essential to dramatically alter these delusional orders right into the legislative assembly. Why are cafes in New York City, and Seattle obnoxiously kicking anyone proper elite out? Wrongly traumatizing to treat innocent citizens as evil criminals when that is the polar opposite situation in reality. Only the owners are those negative terms, while the customers are just victims to those absurdities.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 PM

7,280 posts, read 7,017,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I think it is a good idea.
What if the elderly parents are horrible jerks?

Mine were wonderful, but I've heard some people talk about despising their parents for various reasons - many very good reasons too.

Here in Texas there was a law against spitting on the sidewalks, and also one against carrying wire cutters:
(spit would dry up and wind could potentially spread Tuberculosis germs)
(Wire cutter carrying ban resulted from the violent "Fence-Cutting War" of the old cowboy days in the latter half of the 19th century)

Last edited by ScoPro; 08-31-2017 at 09:33 PM..

Old 09-01-2017, 11:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 5,251,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
What if the elderly parents are horrible jerks?

Mine were wonderful, but I've heard some people talk about despising their parents for various reasons - many very good reasons too.

Here in Texas there was a law against spitting on the sidewalks, and also one against carrying wire cutters:
(spit would dry up and wind could potentially spread Tuberculosis germs)
(Wire cutter carrying ban resulted from the violent "Fence-Cutting War" of the old cowboy days in the latter half of the 19th century)
Some children (18-) are jerks too. Many parents wish they could get rid of them...

Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 AM

1,963 posts, read 371,045 times
Hunting camels is prohibited.

Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.

Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.

A class 2 misdemeanor occurs if one places a mark upon a flag which is “likely to provoke physical retaliation”.

It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.

When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person possesses.

It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.

You may not have more than two dildos in a house.

These are a few odd laws in Arizona. I get the glass of water one, it could kill someone to refuse one in the summer. lol

I've never seen a camel here, except in a zoo.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:33 PM

7,280 posts, read 7,017,602 times
Say What? Can't have more than two dildos in the house?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World