U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 12:49 PM

1,367 posts, read 1,628,033 times

Advertisements

This will be my first time there.

I haven't booked a hotel or airbnb yet so I'm wondering what part of town I should stay. I'm going with family so right now it's between 3-5 people.

I understand you can't rent a car. I think we'll rent scooters. We definitely want to be flexible on the island.

How safe is it by the way?

Any "must go to" places I should be aware of? We'll probably explore most of the famous beaches.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 07:12 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,297,189 times
bump ... anyone got anything to offer as far a info?

Old 01-12-2018, 10:07 PM

2,168 posts, read 797,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
This will be my first time there.

I haven't booked a hotel or airbnb yet so I'm wondering what part of town I should stay. I'm going with family so right now it's between 3-5 people.

I understand you can't rent a car. I think we'll rent scooters. We definitely want to be flexible on the island.

How safe is it by the way?

Any "must go to" places I should be aware of? We'll probably explore most of the famous beaches.

Thanks!
How safe ls it? Riding a scooter on the left? Not very. Also, its not like in Thailand, where all five of you can ride on one scooter.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:31 AM

42 posts, read 28,774 times
place I stayed years ago was taken out by a hurricane and last time I was there was by cruise so I really can't say where to stay although the whole island is beautiful. We rented scooters and had no issues my husband and I each had our own however you do drive on the left side of the road so you do need to be cautious. Public transportation is pretty good as well.

I never felt unsafe anywhere I travelled in Bermuda. It is a beautiful place.

I love the town of St George and within walking distance you can be on a beach with a lot of sea glass if you like that sort of thing I thinkit is Alexandria Beach. St. Peters Church is beautiful and crystal caves are fun and interesting.

The botanical gardens are lovely and worth the stop. Town of Hamilton is also a great place to shop.

There is so much more on this small island - the royal naval boatyard etc. So much history, shopping, beaches, natural wonder. You really can't go wrong.

Enjoy!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:35 PM

546 posts, read 496,240 times
My parents use to go every year and they only wanted to stay at the Hamilton Princess.........The big pink hotel, which I believe is 5 star. The location is great, and there is a cute little beach down the road from it which is awesome. Not sure what the price is like now, but I know its not cheap.

I wouldn't stay right in downtown Hamilton. We liked being outside of downtown and taking the bus into town. There was a bus stop right near the Princess hotel, and it was easy to use.

Scooters are easy to ride in as well, but it comes with being responsible. Car accident, locking everything up, rain. It just seemed like public transportation was easier. Not sure if they have Uber these days.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:59 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,183,522 times
Don't talk **** about Bermuda like you do about everywhere but West Hollyweird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or