U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-08-2017, 12:09 PM
 
2,065 posts, read 860,051 times
Reputation: 484

Advertisements

This is incremental population growth and not growth rate

UN says 9 countries to account for half of world population growth by 2050 - Vanguard News

Republic of India 🇮🇳
Federal Republic of Nigeria 🇳🇬
Democratic Republic of the Congo 🇨🇩
Islamic Republic of Pakistan 🇵🇰
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia 🇪🇹
United Republic of Tanzania 🇹🇿
United States of America 🇺🇸
Republic of Uganda 🇺🇬
Republic of Indonesia 🇮🇩

Can't believe the U.S. is still no. 7 in population growth
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
AFP
 
5,051 posts, read 2,744,110 times
Reputation: 4240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
This is incremental population growth and not growth rate

UN says 9 countries to account for half of world population growth by 2050 - Vanguard News

Republic of India 🇮🇳
Federal Republic of Nigeria 🇳🇬
Democratic Republic of the Congo 🇨🇩
Islamic Republic of Pakistan 🇵🇰
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia 🇪🇹
United Republic of Tanzania 🇹🇿
United States of America 🇺🇸
Republic of Uganda 🇺🇬
Republic of Indonesia 🇮🇩

Can't believe the U.S. is still no. 7 in population growth
That's assuming current trends continue some of those countries will run out of resources it isn't sustainable. Do you really think the Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda will be able to sustain that growth rate?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 PM
 
Location: western East Roman Empire
5,581 posts, read 9,333,654 times
Reputation: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Can't believe the U.S. is still no. 7 in population growth
I remember in the 1980s driving across the US a few times and thinking how sparsely populated it was - at the time around 250,000,000 - and that it could easily hold 500,000,000.

Now it's around 300,000,000.

Do the math.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:30 PM
 
Location: North Idaho
18,479 posts, read 21,372,641 times
Reputation: 31537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
......Can't believe the U.S. is still no. 7 in population growth
A lot of that population growth is immigration of people from poor countries hoping to find a better way of life. A great big chunk of it is undocumented immigration.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 06:05 PM
 
10,441 posts, read 10,310,990 times
Reputation: 13847
Such stellar countries...I am sure they will be looking to dump their population onto other countries.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM
 
Location: London, UK
1,763 posts, read 762,346 times
Reputation: 930
South America is still gladly underpopulated. The least populated continent after Australia.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
670 posts, read 178,270 times
Reputation: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I remember in the 1980s driving across the US a few times and thinking how sparsely populated it was - at the time around 250,000,000 - and that it could easily hold 500,000,000.

Now it's around 300,000,000.

Do the math.
I would even go further and say it could easily accommodate a billion. China already has well exceeded that number and have plenty of space. Same goes for Canada and Australia among others.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
2,199 posts, read 940,430 times
Reputation: 1355
Uganda is a tiny country yet it is projected to have 100 million+ people, it will become more like Bangladesh. But I think you guys are underestimating these countries even Uganda which is the most extreme in population projections, will still be behind Bangladesh in population density. In fact Congo D.R.C is as big as Western Europe (All countries including U.K/Ireland west of and including Italy Austria and Germany and excluding Nordic Countries)It is absolutely massive and majority of it is uninhabited (it currently has the same population as Germany but nearly 7 times larger) . Africa only looks small on maps.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 08-08-2017 at 11:08 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2017, 05:15 AM
 
5,374 posts, read 5,242,752 times
Reputation: 1935
More and more South Asians (Indians and Pakistanis) will come to Western countries.
Interestingly many of them moved to China already.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM
 
2,065 posts, read 860,051 times
Reputation: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Uganda is a tiny country yet it is projected to have 100 million+ people, it will become more like Bangladesh. But I think you guys are underestimating these countries even Uganda which is the most extreme in population projections, will still be behind Bangladesh in population density. In fact Congo D.R.C is as big as Western Europe (All countries including U.K/Ireland west of and including Italy Austria and Germany and excluding Nordic Countries)It is absolutely massive and majority of it is uninhabited (it currently has the same population as Germany but nearly 7 times larger) . Africa only looks small on maps.
Nigeria will overtake the US later this century... its a pretty small country but filled with too manynpeople
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top