U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:51 PM

10,560 posts, read 4,509,278 times

Advertisements

I think part of it is "grass is greener on other side", with respect to European girls. Other part of it is the "exotic" factor, which would come into play just with any girls from a foreign country. A 7/10 girl with a French or Brazilian accent is going to get a lot more attention than a 7/10 with a boring local accent. Thats just how we humans work. Btw girls do this all the time too, its a trend now to swoon over how hot British or Korean guys are. Girls are just not as creepy/outward about their preferences, which is why you dont see entire forums littered with girls discussing about how much Kpop singers are more attractive than the local guys you see in the supermarkets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 07:33 PM

1,847 posts, read 1,050,358 times
OK, I hope that's a parody lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHR_omZtXc

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM

14,226 posts, read 13,752,528 times
Attraction is all personal taste... for me personally, I like petite women, but the guy next to me might like curves and more curves. Likewise when it comes to fashion, accents, skin color, hair color, hair type, eyes etc.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:53 AM

5,592 posts, read 9,344,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croftylot24 View Post

The examples provided are usually what people reference to more attractive women. Now, I do wonder what exactly they mean. Is it the phenomenon of finding foreign people attractive (the grass is greener on the other side)or is there a general consensus among people in the world?
Yes, a combination of grass is always greener and rose-colored glasses/honeymoon period when encountering a new situation.

I have lived in about a dozen cities across three continents.

In each case, during the first few months I remember thinking how oustandingly gorgeous all the women are.

Then, a few months or year later after careful scrutiny, it's the same score the world over: about 30% of women are really good looking, the rest are average to less than average, regardless of size, shape, hair color, eye color, skin color, ethnicity, language, accent or whatever.

Moral to the story: at first, one sees what he wants to see; then he becomes more banal and he sees what sees.

Superficial topic, but you asked.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:05 AM

681 posts, read 185,459 times
It's a silly stereotype that has largely survived the ages intact, hence why there are so many lists with " top countries with the most beautiful women " and people getting aggressive in the comments section.
The discussion becomes even sillier when we include countries built by immigration like the US, Canada, Australia or Brazil amongst others who have women of all ethnicities in them.
Then there is the matter of what finds hot, some people like women of x ethnicity or women who satisfy certain characteristics, therefore it is impossible to come up with a universal standard.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:35 AM

1,322 posts, read 969,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croftylot24 View Post
I hear people say that for example "American women are sh*t looking, women from Brazil/Spain/Russia/Eastern Europe are hot".

The examples provided are usually what people reference to more attractive women. Now, I do wonder what exactly they mean. Is it the phenomenon of finding foreign people attractive (the grass is greener on the other side)or is there a general consensus among people in the world?

It seems to be the same for guys in dating who diss Western Women for traditional Asian women.
I'm assuming that we're talking about American's talking about American women, yes?

If that's the case I'd say it's less looks based and more personality based. Although individuals do have their preferences so for those people it may actually hold true.

I think there are a few accurate and many more not so accurate beliefs circulating out there that:

1. Western women are less feminine now than they were in the past. More bad attitudes, toxic feminism, more cellphone addicted, etc.
2. Latin women are your stereotypical "spicy" attractive, can cook, etc.
3. Non-Western women's diets aren't as poor as American's diets so they are in theory thinner.
4. Russian/Eastern European women have upheld more traditional gender roles making them more attractive.
5. It's easier to sleep with a woman who either views you as exotic or FOB.
6. Asian women are thought to be more submissive & have tighter...
7. People on vacation to these grass is always greener places tend not to notice the women who aren't as attractive in a short span of time.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 AM

6,671 posts, read 3,848,044 times
Some of it is the foreign thing. But even here in America there are places (cities, towns, states) where women are more attractive.

It is not because of their looks specifically, but rather related to the general income levels in the areas in which they live... I have always noted that there are "hot spots" of beauty in certain cities and some states more than others.

Women in these hot spots are richer and therefore have more money to spend on makeup, getting their hair and nails done weekly. They drive more expensive cars, and wear more attractive fashions. They are not buying all their clothes off the rack and so they fit better.

With enough money and the makeup it can buy, plus the advantage of having someone there to teach women how to put that makeup on "more" correctly, it can easily turn a sow's ear into a silk purse - or at least appear to. Look at all the online articles you can find of "glamorous" famous people who are drop dead gorgeous and then look at the articles where they show those same people without makeup.

After I noticed the correlation between wealthy areas and more attractive women, I also started paying more attention to the looks of some of the women who do not wear as much - or even any makeup and realized that most of them are just as attractive, and if they could afford the expensive draping that are found in affluent areas, you probably couldn't tell the difference.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:02 AM

2,200 posts, read 2,243,456 times
For the average looser it just means "easier to get". There are hot women in all countries, but hot women in America or other rich/developed countries usually don't care about fat ugly middle aged fellow Americans.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:25 AM
AFP

5,082 posts, read 2,757,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
For the average looser it just means "easier to get". There are hot women in all countries, but hot women in America or other rich/developed countries usually don't care about fat ugly middle aged fellow Americans.

They will overlook fat and ugly if he has a good paying job and is a decent guy. There a plenty of attractive women with average to less than average looking guys I see it all the time. It's the socially awkward and weirdos that don't earn much that don't have many options.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

5,629 posts, read 2,329,117 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It means they are sexually frustrated losers.
Best answer ever !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World