U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-30-2017, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Near Luxembourg
1,702 posts, read 745,059 times
Reputation: 1078

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I heard that D is the worst line. The train directing to Creil is like really dangerous or something.
It is. Because it goes to the poorest areas, both north and south-east. And poors always have improvements after the others unfortunately...

For Creil, that's simple, the situation of this city is more or less ... absolutely catastrophic. I think in the top 10 (8th position) of the worst/poorest cities in France that have more than 20K inhabitants. The unemployment is stratospheric.
30 487th position in term of average income/household if you take villages and cities with more than 50 inhabitants in France, out of 30 687.
It is litterally poorer than 99.34% of cities in France. Terrible and yes the poor RER D goes there.

Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2017, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Finland
24,268 posts, read 17,503,817 times
Reputation: 11103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
What? This is the most absurd thing I have ever read! .
I live in Florence..we have tons of tourists every day...it is the tourists that make the city more peaceful, orderly, cleaner and less chaotic! Are you kidding me! Yes the streets are a bit crowded...this is only thing to complain about. In fact my Italian friends and I wish we had more foreigners living in our city...
Ok then. I've heard complaints.

And living is a different thing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 11:32 AM
 
Location: London, UK
2,405 posts, read 1,244,066 times
Reputation: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
What? This is the most absurd thing I have ever read! .
I live in Florence..we have tons of tourists every day...it is the tourists that make the city more peaceful, orderly, cleaner and less chaotic! Are you kidding me! Yes the streets are a bit crowded...this is only thing to complain about. In fact my Italian friends and I wish we had more foreigners living in our city...
Careful what you wish for. There's a point when they begin to displace the native population and loses its charm. Venice is on the cusp of that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,288 posts, read 3,934,881 times
Reputation: 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Careful what you wish for. There's a point when they begin to displace the native population and loses its charm. Venice is on the cusp of that.
Yeah thats happening a lot here in Canada.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 11:54 AM
 
Location: orl2bos2upstateny
233 posts, read 99,756 times
Reputation: 186
New York City for sure.

NYC is great to visit, but it is way too expensive, has way too much crime and grimey in the 4.5 of the boroughs. And its dirty. If I was forced to live in the area I would chose like Oyster Bay LI, Greenwich CT, Around White Plains NY or like somewhere in North NJ like Livingston or Ridgewood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 12:05 PM
 
Location: NYntarctica
11,258 posts, read 5,751,724 times
Reputation: 4142
What about Reykjavik? Has amazing nature and sights around the city, but also a nightmarish climate to go along with it
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Willamette valley, oregon
2,377 posts, read 639,448 times
Reputation: 3329
I've lived IN lots of cities. I have never lived ON a city. Just sayin...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
9,669 posts, read 10,970,575 times
Reputation: 4041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
What about Reykjavik? Has amazing nature and sights around the city, but also a nightmarish climate to go along with it
I visited Reykjavik recently. It looks like an alright place to live except for the climate and the ridiculous cost of living. On the plus side, it seemed very peaceful and cozy with beautiful scenery and natural attractions.

Last edited by deneb78; 02-11-2018 at 01:32 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Tulsa
1,347 posts, read 555,705 times
Reputation: 1329
Hong Kong
Tokyo
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2018, 04:48 PM
 
Location: NYC
2,252 posts, read 2,451,528 times
Reputation: 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
New York City for sure.

NYC is great to visit, but it is way too expensive, has way too much crime and grimey in the 4.5 of the boroughs. And its dirty. If I was forced to live in the area I would chose like Oyster Bay LI, Greenwich CT, Around White Plains NY or like somewhere in North NJ like Livingston or Ridgewood.
You must not be keeping up with the news. NYC is, and has been for a good number of years, the safest big city in America. It is statistically much safer than Boston, for example.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top