U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:24 PM

8,819 posts, read 15,549,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Considering the following factors, which place would be the best to be right now?
Economy, safety, education, politics, people.
In a blanket fort .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 03:18 PM

695 posts, read 688,809 times
I would have always said a European country but with so many terrorist threats and the migrant problems I would no longer.

I would say Canada, Australia, NZ, Iceland, and t a lesser extent Uruguay and Chile.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:29 PM

466 posts, read 102,508 times
If you want to avoid human shenanigans and deal with nature instead, Antarctica would be your best choice.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:44 AM

23,342 posts, read 14,546,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
and the migrant problems I would no longer.
Doesn't affect Europeans really anymore. Only the border guards in Italy and Spain.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:39 AM

1,779 posts, read 980,524 times
Quote:
I would have always said a European country but with so many terrorist threats and the migrant problems I would no longer.

I would say Canada, Australia, NZ, Iceland, and t a lesser extent Uruguay and Chile.
lol ^ And Canada of course doesn't have migrants, the whites there came out of nowhere to prevent genocide against the local "Indians" comited by the polar bears...

Eastern Europe on the other hand: Daily terrorism, I repeat: daily!

Also there is no crime in South America, there is zero chance to get killed by Los Zetas. Just because this has never happened.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:03 PM

9,940 posts, read 8,787,302 times
Quote:

you can't describe the entire Europe with such a blanket statement. Only a few countries are heavily affect by terrorist threats. Portugal for example is fine. So is Slovenia.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:37 PM

418 posts, read 197,097 times
People in Switzerland, France, and Canada seem pretty happy to me. People in the Nordic countries, Australia, and New Zealand probably have it really good too.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM

23,342 posts, read 14,546,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
People in Switzerland, France, and Canada seem pretty happy to me. People in the Nordic countries, Australia, and New Zealand probably have it really good too.
France? They are pissed about everything and everyone all the time. And their national sport is complaining.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 AM

226 posts, read 287,045 times
Australia.

It's so far from the world's superpowers and you really get a sense of the distance living here. Tyranny of distance. But it's a blessing as well as a curse. It means we don't get caught up in the crossfires of major countries like the USA and or a continent like Europe would, especially with the conflict in the Middle East.

We are close to Southeast Asia, but the biggest issue in Southeast Asia is the humanitarian crisis, the lack of education, and government instability/lack of Democracy. Somehow not even that is a number one priority for the Australian government. The Aus government is punctured with flaws and inadequacies, based mostly on partisan politics and spineless politicians, but we don't have it that bad.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:04 PM

1,749 posts, read 4,070,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Considering the following factors, which place would be the best to be right now?
Economy, safety, education, politics, people.
I would vote Switzerland.
There's no such place anymore. Believe me, I'm not a pessimist by any means. But the days of finding the perfect place to live now are long over. It simply doesn't exist except in the minds of those who either deny it, or have romanticized a place.

World governments and politics alone have destroyed the world. Climate change is N.O.T.H.I.N.G compared to the vast, irreversible destruction that politics and political correctness have caused. They've not only destroyed life as we know it, but an entire generation of people: Millennials.

There's nowhere to live peaceably anymore. Nowhere to go where you can mind your own business and establish a lovely little life for yourself even if you leave everyone else alone in their's. And the time is coming, sooner than soon, when people across the globe will learn this the very, very hard way. It will be a time unlike any other that the world has ever known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World