Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 07:37 AM

2,858 posts, read 2,171,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ah. Of course not everyone is gun-crazed or have guns, but guns come up in every presidential or congressional election.

And things like Las Vegas. If it had happened in any country in Europe, it would be the end of semi-auto assault weapons, or maybe even private ownership of any guns not used for hunting.

But what happens in the US? Nothing. And if something will, it's more guns and more open carry.

Yes. The US is gun-crazed.
Did any of that happen in Norway after the mass shooting on an island a few years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Did any of that happen in Norway after the mass shooting on an island a few years ago?
Good point. No serious restrictions, but Norway has very tight gun laws anyway. Breivik himself tried to buy guns from abroad, but failed and ultimately got a permission for a .223 cal hunting rifle.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:19 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,187,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Semi-automatic hunting rifles (5 round limit) will soon be banned, unless you are pro shooter. It took quite a while for Fjotolf Hansen to acquire the weapons needed for the terrorist attack. He had to buy a smaller calibre semi-automatic hunting rifle to avoid suspicion by the authorities. The handgun purchase took at least six months.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
But most Americans are race/skin color crazed., thanks to the democratic party and the liberal media outlets.
The GOP is just as race focused.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:39 AM

779 posts, read 596,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ah. Of course not everyone is gun-crazed or have guns, but guns come up in every presidential or congressional election.

And things like Las Vegas. If it had happened in any country in Europe, it would be the end of semi-auto assault weapons, or maybe even private ownership of any guns not used for hunting.

But what happens in the US? Nothing. And if something will, it's more guns and more open carry.

Yes. The US is gun-crazed.
Right.

When is Europe gonna ban full- and semi-automatic assault trucks?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Right.

I think most Western European cities are now adding barriers to avoid vehicle-ramming attacks. Ugly, but quite effective:

Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Right.

What does this to do with anything?

Old 10-26-2017, 04:12 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
Quote:
Right.

I wish for USA there would be the same quantity of people killed by weapons than people killed by terrorists trucks in Europe.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:32 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I wish for USA there would be the same quantity of people killed by weapons than people killed by terrorists trucks in Europe.
lol.

It is funny that after a few attacks in Europe, a lot of Americans are like "Europe is so dangerous, let's not travel there." Yea, getting into a car accident is more likely than being killed in a terrorist attack. People are just so irrational.

One misconception about France, at least among many Chinese people who have never been in France, is that France is overwhelmed by Muslim people now, and Paris is becoming "Paristan". I keep telling them 1) the Muslims from North Africa have always been an important part of French society and it is not a recent thing 2) there are still a low percentage of Muslims in France (around 10%?). But people choose to believe rumors for some reasons.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:49 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
lol.

It is funny that after a few attacks in Europe, a lot of Americans are like "Europe is so dangerous, let's not travel there." Yea, getting into a car accident is more likely than being killed in a terrorist attack. People are just so irrational.

One misconception about France, at least among many Chinese people who have never been in France, is that France is overwhelmed by Muslim people now, and Paris is becoming "Paristan". I keep telling them 1) the Muslims from North Africa have always been an important part of French society and it is not a recent thing 2) there are still a low percentage of Muslims in France (around 10%?). But people choose to believe rumors for some reasons.
Is considered Muslim in France someone that come from a Muslim country or with parents from their. 8% of the population. So it's hard to know the real number, a lot of people are from maghreb but non believers at all.
No the pb with France is that immigrants are all at the same place. So it's polarized and visible, and brings pbs.
But anyway, even in the most Muslim place of France, Seine Saint-Denis, they technically are a minority, far from reaching the 50%.
A lot of people also forget that our french churches are filled with black Catholics that they avoid in streets.

But people aren't logical, they are scared by an overwhelming quantity of infos that come non stop on their phones. Sorry for them. They should just try to live one month without reading news, they would rediscover what is to live without useless stress
I live near Creteil, I know my city very well, love it despite its countless defaults, I ll never stop to go their for few terrorists that are losing.

And I was at the U gate in Stade de France the 13 November 2015, I had to wait 72 hours to reach my motorcycle because it was parked 70m away from one of the Kamikaze. Yet i will always feel safer here than in USA.. Stats are talking for me.

Comme quoi tout est relatif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World