U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which one is your preference?
Berlin 14 35.00%
Montreal 19 47.50%
Santiago 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2017, 02:01 AM
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
9,687 posts, read 5,607,673 times
Reputation: 4702

Advertisements

Berlin seems more appealing. But for the climate I'm going to have to go with Santiago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 AM
Status: "Suspected of a lot of things" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
18,270 posts, read 22,603,179 times
Reputation: 7203
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
A bad place to live? I bet there are waaaay more Chilenos living in Montreal than the other way around. lol
It's really only if you want to give a huge weight to climate that Santiago would top Montreal as a place to live.


Weighting all other metrics Montreal and Berlin are fairly equal, and Santiago is some distance behind.


(BTW, I do like Santiago.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 AM
 
Location: NYntarctica
10,439 posts, read 4,387,967 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's really only if you want to give a huge weight to climate that Santiago would top Montreal as a place to live.


Weighting all other metrics Montreal and Berlin are fairly equal, and Santiago is some distance behind.


(BTW, I do like Santiago.)
Not the only thing. If beaches and nature is really important to you, Santiago is the best choice to live too

My verdict:

To live Santiago->Berlin->Montreal

To visit Berlin->Montreal->Santiago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 AM
 
498 posts, read 272,212 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I voted Santiago due to the best wine, the best climate, the best views (Mountains), best looking women, the cheapest, and I halfway speak Spanish and don't German or French.
really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 03:15 PM
 
Location: London, United Kingdom
6,065 posts, read 6,545,750 times
Reputation: 6634
Surprisingly this has been a very close poll from the start, a nice 6-6-5 voting split at the present moment. Not bad, there's parity here.

I'm not big into City-Data polls at all but this is one of the rare few ones that has been interesting to say the least, the way it has played out. Not bad at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2017, 08:54 AM
 
498 posts, read 272,212 times
Reputation: 244
I'm surprised so many posts saying Santiago is the best to live of the three, being much poorer, underdeveloped and unequal than the other two, especially Montreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2017, 09:29 AM
 
Location: NYntarctica
10,439 posts, read 4,387,967 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
I'm surprised so many posts saying Santiago is the best to live of the three, being much poorer, underdeveloped and unequal than the other two, especially Montreal.
Santiago metro area is quite developed, its HDI is about the same level as Spain. If you are middle class in Santiago you can have a very nice life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Status: "Suspected of a lot of things" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
18,270 posts, read 22,603,179 times
Reputation: 7203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Santiago metro area is quite developed, its HDI is about the same level as Spain. If you are middle class in Santiago you can have a very nice life.
If you are middle class (or better still, upper class), you can have a very nice life in most places in the world, including a majority of developing countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 AM
 
Location: NYntarctica
10,439 posts, read 4,387,967 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
If you are middle class (or better still, upper class), you can have a very nice life in most places in the world, including a majority of developing countries.
It sucks to be lower class in developing Latin countries, but middle class is not bad at all. There is a reason as to why most Hispanic immigrants in the US come from impoverished parts of Mexico and Central America, as opposed to cities like Guadalajara or D.F. or Monterrey. I dont think Ive met a single person from those three cities here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2017, 04:23 PM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
5,056 posts, read 2,627,969 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I voted Santiago due to the best wine, the best climate, the best views (Mountains), best looking women, the cheapest, and I halfway speak Spanish and don't German or French.
Best looking women.....that would be Montreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top