U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 10:14 PM

2,403 posts, read 1,239,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Most people just live in one city. To see the change of seasons is fun. Some plants and animals adapt to four seasons as well.
Overated, you can drive an hour and move from Autumn to Spring an extra hour either way and be in summer to winter where entire flora, fauna ecosystems & scenery change dramatically! And you can do this whenever you want, you're not obliged to wait 3-6 months or restrained to the clock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 11:14 PM

6,257 posts, read 6,086,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Overated, you can drive an hour and move from Autumn to Spring an extra hour either way and be in summer to winter where entire flora, fauna ecosystems & scenery change dramatically! And you can do this whenever you want, you're not obliged to wait 3-6 months or restrained to the clock.
It's not exactly the same. For example, some plants require a warm summer but also a relatively cold winter to grow well.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:25 AM

2,570 posts, read 1,875,408 times
USA (BosWash: Boston-New York City-Philadelphia-Washington D.C. / West Coast: Seattle-Portland-San Francisco-Los Angeles-San Diego)
Japan (Taiheiyo Belt: Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka-Hiroshima-Fukuoka)
France (Paris-Metz-Nancy-Strasbourg-Lyon-Nice-Marseille-Montpellier-Perpignan-Toulouse-Biarritz-Bordeaux-La Rochelle-Nantes-Rennes-Quimper-Brest-Lille)
Italy (Torino-Milano-Genova-Venezia-Bologna-Firenze-Roma-Napoli-Bari-Palermo)
United Kingdom (London-Birmingham-Liverpool-Manchester-Leeds-Edinburgh-Glasgow)
Canada (Québec-Montréal-Ottawa-Toronto-Calgary-Vancouver)
Australia (Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth-Hobart)

Old 09-03-2018, 07:42 AM

1,700 posts, read 741,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
USA (BosWash: Boston-New York City-Philadelphia-Washington D.C. / West Coast: Seattle-Portland-San Francisco-Los Angeles-San Diego)
Japan (Taiheiyo Belt: Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka-Hiroshima-Fukuoka)
France (Paris-Metz-Nancy-Strasbourg-Lyon-Nice-Marseille-Montpellier-Perpignan-Toulouse-Biarritz-Bordeaux-La Rochelle-Nantes-Rennes-Quimper-Brest-Lille)
Italy (Torino-Milano-Genova-Venezia-Bologna-Firenze-Roma-Napoli-Bari-Palermo)
United Kingdom (London-Birmingham-Liverpool-Manchester-Leeds-Edinburgh-Glasgow)
Canada (Québec-Montréal-Ottawa-Toronto-Calgary-Vancouver)
Australia (Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth-Hobart)
I'd put Rouen, Reims, Poitiers, Orléans, Clermont F, Dijon or Angers 10 times before Brest ! Brest.. Ouch ! Depressing
I like Tours too..

Old 09-03-2018, 08:42 AM

295 posts, read 156,576 times
Quality of cities, not quantity!

It's true that due to its size, the US has lots of cities, but most of them are car-centric, unwalkable, sprawling, crime-ridden *****.

I'd say France, Germany, Japan, Italy, maybe the UK, Spain.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:07 AM

15,313 posts, read 7,994,449 times
USA (NYC, LA, SF, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Atl, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Denver, MSP, Charlotte, Nashville, Raleigh, Philly, Portland, Sacto, San Diego, Phoenix, Nahlins, Orlando, Tampa, Birmingham, Charleston)...no one can match that.

China is in second.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 AM

1,700 posts, read 741,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
USA (NYC, LA, SF, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Atl, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Denver, MSP, Charlotte, Nashville, Raleigh, Philly, Portland, Sacto, San Diego, Phoenix, Nahlins, Orlando, Tampa, Birmingham, Charleston)...no one can match that.

China is in second.
I went to LA, SF, Miami, Orlando, Tampa.

LA and Tampa?

Great cities?

What?

Old 09-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Quality of cities. Not quantity!

Old 09-03-2018, 01:16 PM

2,283 posts, read 1,052,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Quality of cities. Not quantity!
You can love London ..... without the endless negativity toward the US. It gets old. It has become more and more a anti-US agenda. Clearly we get you abhor suburban lifestyles and no US city gets your luv either .... for anything. But they are all very different and you generalize everything and crime is over-dramatized by you also, totally to put down any US city. Many understand where this is ridicules to use constantly to mock.

Last edited by DavePa; 09-03-2018 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
You can love London ..... without the endless negativity toward the US. It gets old. It has become more and more a anti-US agenda. Clearly we get you abhor suburban lifestyles and no US city gets your luv either .... for anything. But they are all very different and you generalize everything and crime is over-dramatized by you also, totally to put down any US city. Many understand where this is ridicules to use constantly to mock.
I love New York, and I rank the city highly (tied with Singapore). I love San Francisco as well. I can't wait to visit Boston as I have a friend and former colleague who recently moved there for a job.

That being said, for me personally, American cities are missing that certain sense of Je ne sais quoi that I get when I visit quality cities like Tokyo, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Kyoto, Vienna, etc.

And you know what is overblown? Trump and Fox News harping on London having no-go areas (there really isn't) just to politically attack its mayor who, in the past, has criticised your president.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or