U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do these 4 countries deserve to be perm members of the UNSC?
Brazil - yes 5 13.89%
Germany - yes 26 72.22%
India - yes 9 25.00%
Japan - yes 25 69.44%
Brazil - no 18 50.00%
Germany - no 7 19.44%
India - no 16 44.44%
Japan - no 4 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 PM

6,144 posts, read 3,874,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I can't see a difference between a Korean or Chinese person. Taiwanese are those school children at least. Nevertheless, if they were more aware of the nazi atrocities we wouldn't see those uniforms. That was my point if you'd read more carefully.

But so what. Just because we have a complex doesn't mean that you should too. OTH, if you have a complex with Japanese atrocities doesn't mean we should feel overly shocked.
No. The first one is from China. It's a wedding photo. The rest look Japanese or Korean. And yep Asians are totally oblivious and ignorant about Nazism.

You could've flaunted this piece of news:
Chinese tourists arrested for giving Hitler salute outside Reichstag building in Berlin

And botticelli is full of **** as usual. China has done many atrocities, arguably more, than Japan ever has. His attempts of coloring Japan as the bad guy have always been laughable.

Quote:
If that were the case, then none of the current 5 members deserve to have a seat on the UNSC. They all have their fair share of ghosts that they refuse to part with.
Exacly. And China even takes one step further that they censor everything about their past atrocities, arrest people for simply talking about it, and force others to be silent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 02:02 AM

10,539 posts, read 9,142,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You mean like the other members of the security council. During the Cold War, China and Russia killed millions of people.
yes, their own people, so it is hardly a "world security" problem, is it?

Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Itís hardly the only country to deny the past. Turkey to this day still ignores the Armenian genocide. But youíre right to a certain extent, Germany was forced to admit those problems as it was under the spotlight following the war. Just like with the First World War, Germany was once again Blaineís for the conflict.
True but nobody is saying Turkey should be a permanent UNSC member here. Plus, do westerns like Turkey like they do Japan? No.

Quote:
The reverse is equally true. In Asia, Germany isnít viewed with the same reservation as it is in the Europe which is why the cosplay shots that Ariete posted are not nearly as controversial over there.
We are talking about what the government does here. In every country there are stupid people ignorant of history. In Asian history book, there is TONs of texts and photos showing Germany's atrocities in Europe. I highly doubt the same weight is given to Japan's crimes in Asia in European textbooks. For Europeans/Americans, the Asian battle field is nothing but a side show and hardly as serious, which is far from the truth. Japan committed as heinous crimes as Nazi Germany, if not worse, but you guys just don't think it is as much as a big deal. (no, we Asians are fully aware of the seriousness of Germany atrocities).

Quote:
If that were the case, then none of the current 5 members deserve to have a seat on the UNSC. They all have their fair share of ghosts that they refuse to part with.
The UN is a WWII product, it all depends on what countries did during and after that. There is no point in resorting to colonialism or Cultural revolution. But it is true none of the countries really deserve the respect and power they have.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:39 AM

2,199 posts, read 939,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
True but nobody is saying Turkey should be a permanent UNSC member here. Plus, do westerns like Turkey like they do Japan? No.

We are talking about what the government does here. In every country there are stupid people ignorant of history. In Asian history book, there is TONs of texts and photos showing Germany's atrocities in Europe. I highly doubt the same weight is given to Japan's crimes in Asia in European textbooks. For Europeans/Americans, the Asian battle field is nothing but a side show and hardly as serious, which is far from the truth. Japan committed as heinous crimes as Nazi Germany, if not worse, but you guys just don't think it is as much as a big deal. (no, we Asians are fully aware of the seriousness of Germany atrocities).

The UN is a WWII product, it all depends on what countries did during and after that. There is no point in resorting to colonialism or Cultural revolution. But it is true none of the countries really deserve the respect and power they have.
I did world history quite recently (2 years ago) and they talked a lot about the rape of Nanking and the Japanese atrocities against China, Phillipines and other nations.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I did world history quite recently (2 years ago) and they talked a lot about the rape of Nanking and the Japanese atrocities against China, Phillipines and other nations.
Yet you still don't think it is as much a big deal as what Germany did in Europe. I know in Canada a lot of people know very little about it.

Western people are more Euro-centric, I get it, it is natural, but when it comes to international affairs such as the UN, we should judge each country fairly. Japan from what it did, doesn't deserve a position at the UNSC. Just imagine if Germany tells his young people the holocaust didn't happen and the invasion was for a better Europe, how many would think Germany should be respected as it is today.

How Germany and Japan treated WWII is completely different, yet westerners are so forgiven to Japan because Asian lives matter less to them and because Japan was an obedient lackey for the US for decades. I am glad it is not up for the three western powers to decide whatever they consider suitable.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:36 AM

668 posts, read 176,605 times
Quote:

Of course the pacific theatre was a big deal. The reason why it doesnít play a big role in European history is due to the fact that Europe wasnít really present there. For Americans, the Pacific was one of the largest theatres, so its differs from what Europe experienced as the US was one of the few western countries involved in the Pacific.

Iím not saying that the ignorance is justified, just giving it some context. I highly doubt that Asians feel the same way about Germany that they do about Japan. They are aware of the alliance that existed between the two powers, but one was very distant to them.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:45 AM
F18

539 posts, read 282,969 times
Germany and Japan.

Lol France and the UK need to leave as they are completely useless.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:47 AM
F18

Quote:

Excuse me, but we do learn about the Massacres that the Japanese did in the Far East, especially those who are intrested in history.

By that logic then no one should be a permenant UNSC member. All of the comitted masscares and crimes against humanity.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Excuse me, but we do learn about the Massacres that the Japanese did in the Far East, especially those who are intrested in history.

By that logic then no one should be a permenant UNSC member. All of the comitted masscares and crimes against humanity.
Which part of my argument did you not understand?? It is not about committing crimes. It is about not fully admitting it. I thought I made it extremely clear.

I am saying it for the 4th time: What Japan is doing is like Germany saying the Holocaust didn't happen, that they invaded a bunch of European countries to make them a better place, and Angela Merkel keeping visiting Hitler's grave.

Did you textbook and news tell you that? Probably not.

You are either not intelligent enough or deliberately ignoring the key point I am saying. "By my logic"? I didn't even get my logic.

And you are still like "Japan is nice since they have been a US servant for 7 decades, so why not".

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM
F18

^^^I didn't read the whole thread (I've got more stuff to do.) so I assumed that's what you meant.

Lol, don't need to get all angry and infuriated. Take a chill pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World