Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:56 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Maybe you're secretly hoping for that -- just as several supposedly-"liberal" journalists were caught expressing a desire for higher casualties during the Gulf Wars.
Don’t be ridiculous.

Seriously what do you expect people to react? There has been so many mass shootings and the death toll keeps going up every time it happens. Sandy Hook got dozens of children killed, and The Dark Knight premier, Orlando, and now Vegas. I understand that there are a lot of guns circulating in America, and it’s hard to tackle, but it seems like the common attitude here is “well it’s impossible to solve so let’s just not do anything” and forget about the whole thing after like two weeks until the next one happens, most likely in a few months.

And then there are always idiots who keep saying that guns make America a safer place. It’s just nauseating, literally makes me, an avid hater of my own piece of **** country, feel glad that I’m not living in America.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

No Way To Prevent This Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Don’t be ridiculous.

Seriously what do you expect people to react? There has been so many mass shootings and the death toll keeps going up every time it happens. Sandy Hook got dozens of children killed, and The Dark Knight premier, Orlando, and now Vegas. I understand that there are a lot of guns circulating in America, and it’s hard to tackle, but it seems like the common attitude here is “well it’s impossible to solve so let’s just not do anything” and forget about the whole thing after like two weeks until the next one happens, most likely in a few months.

And then there are always idiots who keep saying that guns make America a safer place. It’s just nauseating, literally makes me, an avid hater of my own piece of **** country, feel glad that I’m not living in America.
The death toll in the US is far greater than that of any other developed nation, but I do think there are far too many dram queens around as well (not directed at you specifically) who think that as soon as you step off a plane you're gonna get shot in the US. While more dangerous than some nations, the difference is negligible enough, that the like likelihood of running into these problems remains minimal.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:15 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It's a cultural thing I have lived most of my life among them and a significant segment of them place guns on a pedestal up their with their obsession with religion, being white, unfettered capitalism, competitive sports the US military and the US flag.
thats pretty much it !, a very significant percentage of americans believe without question that the usa is uniquely exceptional amongst nations so if other countries dont allow the same access to guns , its other nations who have it backways

Old 10-04-2017, 07:57 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

No Way To Prevent This Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
This type of response coming out of the US doesnt surprise me one bit. Thankfully not all of us agree with this type of cowardice, and that's what it boils down to. Politicians and segments of Americans in love with guns. Failure and fear to take on the gun lobbys. I ask the world community. What kind of a country allows such tragedies to continually happen,, and does absolutely nothing to deal with it. Uses an amendment written in the 1700s, to justify all these guns. Including guns that can slaughter in moments. A very sick society, that I wish the countries of this world would speak up to. Because Americans don't seem to or don't care enough. I'm sick off all the condolences and all the sadnss. Knowing this will happen all over again. IIts time to get off our asses and demand at least the Assault rifles be dealth with. At least attempt to do something. If these Politicians can't do their jobs then get another damn job. I would love to have it finally come out. Why the NRA has so much power in this country, and why we are expected to continually tolerate nothing being done.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:01 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
This type of response coming out of the US doesnt surprise me one bit. Thankfully not all of us agree with this type of cowardice, and that's what it boils down to. Politicians and segments of Americans in love with guns. Failure and fear to take on the gun lobbys. I ask the world community. What kind of a country allows such tragedies to continually happen,, and does absolutely nothing to deal with it. Uses an amendment written in the 1700s, to justify all these guns. Including guns that can slaughter in moments. A very sick society, that I wish the countries of this world would speak up to. Because Americans don't seem to or don't care enough. I'm sick off all the condolences and all the sadnss. Knowing this will happen all over again. IIts time to get off our asses and demand at least the Assault rifles be dealth with. At least attempt to do something. If these Politicians can't do their jobs then get another damn job. I would love to have it finally come out. Why the NRA has so much power in this country, and why we are expected to continually tolerate nothing being done.
Here here Jimrob, its terribly sad that so many people are being gunned down in the US and it is of course a problem that is not going to be easy to deal with but the refusal of 'some' Americans to even try and do something about this is terribly sad, if trying to do something results in just one less death its got to be worth it.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Absolutely, especially when the amendment has been misinterpreted by the Supreme Court.

This what it says:

Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

[I have bolded the important phrase.]

Old 10-04-2017, 08:24 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Absolutely, especially when the amendment has been misinterpreted by the Supreme Court.

This what it says:

Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

[I have bolded the important phrase.]

A well regulated militia being a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency such as the Army Reserve or National Guard.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:46 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:

A well regulated militia being a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency such as the Army Reserve or National Guard.
Which demonstrates that the Founding Fathers recognized the dangers inherent in a large standing Army answerable (in those times) to an absolute monarch.

Times have changed. but it's quite apparent that the President (the Leftist elite's favorite target) still has little direct control of the military (which, unfortunately, has devolved into a bloated bureaucracy with its own agenda), Much of that force remains subject to state input (National Guard), if not actual control and, as demonstrated in the civil rights struggles of the Fifties and Sixties (Little Rock and the University of Alabama), can generate Constitutional issues -- as the Founding Fathers intended,

Old 10-04-2017, 11:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:

White House: ‘This Is Not The Geologic Era To Debate Gun Control’

“Out of respect for the families of the victims, we’re going to hold off on engaging in discourse over the regulation of firearms for a few eons,” said Sanders, adding that it would be premature to discuss enacting any sort of policies to prevent mass shootings until the next ice age has set in, likely long after the extinction of the human race.

White House:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World