U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more urban?
Toronto 16 69.57%
Sydney 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM

5,353 posts, read 2,280,885 times

Advertisements

It's pretty damn cold this early !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

18,516 posts, read 22,809,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
It's pretty damn cold this early !
Yes, close to record lows for this date in Ontario and Quebec.

It's not uncommon to get a dusting of snow at this time of year (even in late October sometimes) but for it to be this cold this early is extremely rare.

I don't think it will be lasting long, though.

Just to give you an idea it's 2C in NYC right now and feels like -2C.

Tonight with the wind chill it will feel like -12C or about 11F in NYC.

And we're not even in mid-November yet.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

5,353 posts, read 2,280,885 times
yeah, 2c max in early november in NYC is quite something too. Apparently it should return to normal conditions.

That said, I'd probably take a sunny 2c there over our super humid overcast 10c average november day

At least the weather there is varied...

Old Today, 12:06 AM

9,775 posts, read 5,713,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Really? Perhaps you should go back and read the entire thread.
That's totally not the point. You should read my previous posts regarding the poor structure of the OP's question. The problem lies with the OP (and funnily, the guy is now banned). This has nothing to do with the other posts in this thread.

The the title says "which is more urban", and the body of the question is on about vibrancy and walkability: Does the OP mean which is more urban or which is more vibrant and walkable? These are all mutually exclusive. Toronto may be more urbane, but Sydney can be far more vibrant for many other people.

P.S. Since my last post, Sydney has gotten more votes btw.

Old Today, 01:44 AM

150 posts, read 150,479 times
Wouldn't get too hung up on votes imo. They're merely the opinions of people, regardless of which way it goes. Besides you have to wonder how many people who voted has actually been to both cities, regardless of what they voted for

Old Today, 08:52 AM

18,516 posts, read 22,809,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
That's totally not the point. You should read my previous posts regarding the poor structure of the OP's question. The problem lies with the OP (and funnily, the guy is now banned). This has nothing to do with the other posts in this thread.

The the title says "which is more urban", and the body of the question is on about vibrancy and walkability: Does the OP mean which is more urban or which is more vibrant and walkable? These are all mutually exclusive. Toronto may be more urbane, but Sydney can be far more vibrant for many other people.

P.S. Since my last post, Sydney has gotten more votes btw.
I agree that the OP was poorly formulated but not sure Sydney is clearly way more vibrant than Toronto.

I would agree that Sydney as a smaller city does punch above its weight in this respect. This is due to the better urban structure over a wider area that I alluded to in an earlier post. That's why I think the two cities compare quite favourably to each other in terms of vibrancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World