U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 05:45 AM

6,218 posts, read 6,644,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Rudeness and politeness do not have much to do with friendliness.

You can have rude (meaning brash, not very respectful of personal space, loud, etc...) but friendly and hospitable people and polite but unfriendly ones.
that is absolutely true , refined people can be unfriendly in the general understanding of the term
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 05:45 AM

65 posts, read 13,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
friendliest = uk ( north of england )

unfriendliest = hungary

Yeah UK is unfriendliest for me, Scotland and England are rude but apparently Ireland is a bit more friendly.
I have not visited Hungary but I have been to Romania which is near by they are all friendly there.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:47 AM

6,218 posts, read 6,644,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
I don’t think disrespectfulness and friendliness go together. If you are disrespectful to someone, then you are not being friendly at all.
one persons " disrespectful " is another persons informal laid back attitude

i once had an arab guy chase me out of his house when i tried to haggle with him over the price of living room furniture , he yelled repeatedly that i disrespected him in his house

Old 10-28-2017, 05:50 AM

155 posts, read 35,507 times
Quote:

i once had an arab guy chase me out of his house when i tried to haggle with him over the price of living room furniture , he yelled repeatedly that i disrespected him in his house
Yes disrespectfulness may be relative. The point is if it was intentional or not.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah Arabs are nut cases you can get your hand chopped off in Saudi Arabia for stealing, they are all crazy *******s out there in the desert where it is 130 degrees in summer.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 AM

10,539 posts, read 9,142,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossifier2017 View Post
Yeah Arabs are nut cases you can get your hand chopped off in Saudi Arabia for stealing, they are all crazy *******s out there in the desert where it is 130 degrees in summer.
so Saudi laws represent all Arab people? How many Arab people have you been to? Or you only know about them on the internet and TV?

Old 10-28-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
so Saudi laws represent all Arab people? How many Arab people have you been to? Or you only know about them on the internet and TV?
I have met many Arabs actually some very friendly others very unfriendly and I was stating a fact about Saui laws and other Arab countries also have strict laws for stealing. You know in some Arab countries it is illegal to masturbate and have sex before marriage, not frowned upon but actually illegal, do not insult me I have probably traveled more than you I am not an American that has just stayed in the US I have traveled a lot, to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:41 AM

5,339 posts, read 2,275,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Rudeness and politeness do not have much to do with friendliness.

You can have rude (meaning brash, not very respectful of personal space, loud, etc...) but friendly and hospitable people and polite but unfriendly ones.
completely agree. For instance Italians are usually friendly and welcoming but can be pretty rude and unpolite, sometimes without realizing it.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:58 AM

2,466 posts, read 3,298,432 times
Friendliest: Uzbekistan, Cambodia, Vietnam

Unfriendliest: Austria, Italy, Kazakhstan

Old 10-28-2017, 11:10 AM

23,727 posts, read 15,064,663 times
Friendliest: Germany
Unfriendliest: Estonia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World