U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 05:50 AM

23,727 posts, read 15,064,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Tallinn's people are too selfish and not enough friendly for my tastes, too. Thankfully, there are nice people in Tallinn too - obviously, those people are with south-estonian roots.
And also, Tallinn attracts some of the worst of the worst Finland has to offer, so I can understand not every Estonian is overly delighted about Finnish tourists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 AM

3,086 posts, read 1,369,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Rudeness and politeness do not have much to do with friendliness.

You can have rude (meaning brash, not very respectful of personal space, loud, etc...) but friendly and hospitable people and polite but unfriendly ones.
Perception of Rudeness is cultural - i.e. spitting or not holding doors open for ladies might be considered rude in the West but not the East.

I like Europe and Germany but I don't find German people very friendly.

Unlike some others here I find Mexicans, (most) Africans, Indonesians and many Chinese to be exceedingly friendly.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 PM

4,084 posts, read 1,543,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes, this ^^^
I also noticed that generally people are not rude to you if you are not rude and demanding to them.
Another thing is to try to know and understand their culture and customs, and respect it, and they will respect you.
I never met anyone who was rude to me for no particular reason.
BTW: not sure why, but that question is almost always asked by Americans. Nobody else seem to be questioning or bothered by that.
I am guessing alot of americans are formulating their exit plan. I am guessing alot of people are tired of working for $10/hr paying 4 figures in rent and basicly just existing from day to day. Then a further percentage of that population is invisible to the opposite sex which exasperbates the issue.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:23 PM

4,084 posts, read 1,543,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossifier2017 View Post
Germans can be loud and arrogant and seem really annoying, but at the same time at least they take an interest in you, unlike most of Europe, UK in particular, but I have a German friend and he is the most quiet man I know which is ironic considering most German people are the opposite. I have not been to Estonia but I have been to Latvia which is quite a close by country and the people were extremely rude, selfish and unfriendly especially when we lost our luggage and money, they did not even help us!
I have heard alot of people in slavic nations cant speak english, it could have been a launguage barrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World