U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:56 AM

2,641 posts, read 1,088,218 times

Advertisements

Yellow: Israel
Green: Countries that have recognized Israel
Purple: Countries that have never recognized Israel
Pink: Countries that have withdrawn recognition
Orange: Countries that have suspended or cut relations with Israel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 11:00 AM

2,641 posts, read 1,088,218 times

Red: Kosovo
Green: States that recognize Kosovo as independent
Grey: States that do not recognize Kosovo as independent.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 PM

668 posts, read 176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yellow: Israel
Green: Countries that have recognized Israel
Purple: Countries that have never recognized Israel
Pink: Countries that have withdrawn recognition
Orange: Countries that have suspended or cut relations with Israel
Even this map gives us a good idea of where political lines are drawn. Iran withdrew recognition following the 1979 revolution, whereas both Bolivia and Venezuela are run by anti-Israeli regimes.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:27 PM

9,759 posts, read 5,705,122 times
Amazing how most of the countries that don't recognize Israel predominantly follow the religion of peace.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 PM

2,150 posts, read 3,430,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Amazing how most of the countries that don't recognize Israel predominantly follow the religion of peace.
I don't see what's so special about that given how Israel came into existence.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:17 AM

155 posts, read 35,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
My country does recognize both Palestine and Israel, but one can say amazing how most of the countries that don’t recognize Palestine predominantly follow the religion of Christianity. This is not to say anything against Christianity, but to show you how your way of thinking works.

Last edited by Selen; 11-03-2017 at 01:49 AM..

Old 11-03-2017, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I don't see what's so special about that given how Israel came into existence.
Are you referring to 1948 or Bilblical Israel. Any way you look at it, Israel has been around for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
My country does recognize both Palestine and Israel, but one can say amazing how most of the countries that donít recognize Palestine predominantly follow the religion of Christianity.
That statement isnít really true though. Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, South Africa, Philippines are all countries with substantial Christian populations that do recognise Palestine.
Etherealís statement on the other hand, while mean spirited, is very accurate. There are only three predominantly Christian countries that have no diplomatic relations with Israel and that is due to a cut in ties rather than an absence of recognition. Every other country that refuses to recognise Israel as a state is Muslim with the exception of North Korea.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Are you referring to 1948 or Bilblical Israel. Any way you look at it, Israel has been around for a long time.

That statement isnít really true though. Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, South Africa, Philippines are all countries with substantial Christian populations that do recognise Palestine.
Etherealís statement on the other hand, while mean spirited, is very accurate. There are only three predominantly Christian countries that have no diplomatic relations with Israel and that is due to a cut in ties rather than an absence of recognition. Every other country that refuses to recognise Israel as a state is Muslim with the exception of North Korea.
I donít know how that is relevant. Turkey is Muslim but it recognizes both Israel and Palestine. However most of North America, Western Europe, Australia donít recognize Palestine but only recognize Israel.As I said earlier my goal here is not to say anything against other religions but to state a fact as an answer to Ethereal.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
I donít know how that is relevant. Turkey is Muslim but it recognizes both Israel and Palestine. However most of North America, Western Europe, Australia donít recognize Palestine but only recognize Israel.As I said earlier my goal here is not to say anything against other religions but to state a fact as an answer to Ethereal.
Neither did I suggest that every Muslim country refuses to recognise Israel. There are a number of them that do. Itís true that there are many Christian countries that do not recognise Israel, but we can hardly claim that religion plays a role here since the list I gave you shows otherwise. I donít agree with Etherealís wording, but can you deny that religion plays a role in deciding whether a country accepts Israel or not? Most of the Muslim countries that have recognised Israel, still maintain shaky relations with it at best.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Neither did I suggest that every Muslim country refuses to recognise Israel. There are a number of them that do. It’s true that there are many Christian countries that do not recognise Israel, but we can hardly claim that religion plays a role here since the list I gave you shows otherwise. I don’t agree with Ethereal’s wording, but can you deny that religion plays a role in deciding whether a country accepts Israel or not? Most of the Muslim countries that have recognised Israel, still maintain shaky relations with it at best.
Ok for the third time, Turkey recognizes both Palestine and Israel. And most of North America, Western Europe and Australia don’t recognize Palestine but only recognize Israel.Using your own words then, can you deny that religion plays a role in deciding whether a country accepts Palestine or not? For instance would North America, Western Europe and Australia recognize Palestine if it was a Christian country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World