U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:44 AM

668 posts, read 176,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
Ok for the third time, Turkey recognizes both Palestine and Israel. And most of North America, Western Europe and Australia donít recognize Palestine but only recognize Israel.Using your own words then, can you deny that religion plays a role in deciding whether a country accepts Palestine or not?
North America, Western Europe and Australia are hardly the only regions where Christianity is practiced. What about Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina, Ethiopia, Phillipines, South Africa... When adding them up they account for several hundred million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 AM

155 posts, read 35,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
North America, Western Europe and Australia are hardly the only regions where Christianity is practiced. What about Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina, Ethiopia, Phillipines, South Africa... When adding them up they account for several hundred million.
That wasnít my question though. My question was do you think North America, Western Europe and Australia would recognize Palestine if Palestine was Christian?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:51 AM

10,539 posts, read 9,142,602 times
Quote:
That wasnít my question though. My question was do you think North America, Western Europe and Australia would recognize Palestine if Palestine was Christian?
I don't think it is about religion. It is about the blind and unconditioned support of Israel of the US. W Europe, Canada and Australia and Japan are just doing whatever the US is doing.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:30 AM

5,697 posts, read 9,058,979 times
None of them is member of the UNO.
Besides while Kosovo proclaimed its independence from Serbia in 2008, even if not widely recognized, it is still officially an independent state, even if some Serbian majority zones have a degree of autonomy like North Mitrovica. It's not the case for the Palestinian Territories as far as I know, who are only autonomous with different status if they are zone 1 (full autonomy, Gaza and Ramallah for instance), and zones 2 and 3 (a modicum of Israeli government jointly with the Palestinian one).
As a footnote, the UN has 193 full-fledged members. Kosovo, the ROC and the Vatican/Holy See, while independent states, are not members of the UN.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:37 AM

2,641 posts, read 1,088,218 times

Positions on the status of Western Sahara:
Black: Western Sahara
Red: Supports Morocco's territorial claim (including support for autonomy under Moroccan sovereignty); Relations with the SADR terminated and/or recognition withdrawn (if no other position expressed)
Green: Maintains diplomatic relations with or recognizes the Sahrawi Republic
Aqua: Recognizes the self-determination of the Sahrawi people, but does not recognize the SADR nor maintain diplomatic relations with it (if no other position expressed)
Grey: Has not expressed any position or has expressed conflicting opinions

Old 11-03-2017, 09:43 AM

But then there is also this map

maps came from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...Western_Sahara

Old 11-03-2017, 10:42 AM

2,065 posts, read 859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Positions on the status of Western Sahara:
Black: Western Sahara
Red: Supports Morocco's territorial claim (including support for autonomy under Moroccan sovereignty); Relations with the SADR terminated and/or recognition withdrawn (if no other position expressed)
Green: Maintains diplomatic relations with or recognizes the Sahrawi Republic
Aqua: Recognizes the self-determination of the Sahrawi people, but does not recognize the SADR nor maintain diplomatic relations with it (if no other position expressed)
Grey: Has not expressed any position or has expressed conflicting opinions
Major powers havenít recognized western sahara

Old 11-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Diplomatic relations between world states and Taiwan
Blue: Republic of China (ROC, Taiwan)
Orange: People's Republic of China (PRC, China)
Light Orange: Countries recognizing PRC only
Light Blue: Countries recognizing ROC only
Tan: Countries recognizing PRC with informal ROC relations of Consulate nature

Similar to western Sahara, major powers are neutral to the dispute.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:50 AM

317 posts, read 94,407 times
Quote:
Christianity doesn't play a role (if any, very minuscule) in the foreign policy of Western countries, separation of state and church, contrary to Islam in Islamic countries, where such definition would be blasphemy lol.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:24 PM

155 posts, read 35,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Christianity doesn't play a role (if any, very minuscule) in the foreign policy of Western countries, separation of state and church, contrary to Islam in Islamic countries, where such definition would be blasphemy lol.
I very much doubt that. Let me repeat the question I asked milkyway resident earlier. Would North America, Western Europe and Australia recognize Palestine if it was a Christian majority country? Oh also Turkey is a secular country in its constitution similar to France unlike US where the president swears on bible. Even though Turkey’s secularity is under attack by Islamists who have been supported by the west for years.

Last edited by Selen; 11-03-2017 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World