Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:56 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
One of the big reasons the US (and the west) is so pro-Israel is because we helped form their country after WWII and we have been committed to keeping the country together. Allowing an independent Palestine would undermine what we worked for and would undermine US power and authority. It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with power and influence. Palestine is actually one of the most Christian countries in the middle east and has more Christians then Israel.
The Palestinian territories have more Christians than Israel? What a load of Palestinian BDS BS! There are currently around 170,000 Christians in Israel (and growing) compared to 50,000 Christians in the territories (and shrinking). Muslims have removed nearly all the Jews from Muslim lands and now they are working on removing all the Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the usa is overwhelmingly unconditionally pro israel due to years of conditioning by a 100% pro israeli media and political class
I myself am pro Israel, but still support the notion of a Palestinian state. However, Jerusalem should go to Israel as Muslims already have access to a number of their holy sites as do Christians. The Arabs also have plenty of land already stretching all the way from Morocco to Oman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
so is Canada. They are never objective when it comes to conflicts. Their unconditional support of Israel is quite sick to me, as if Israel is always the innocent victim here.
Except it’s the Palestinians who like playing the victim, most of the time. Hamas itself has a habit of using human shields in an attempt to showcase Israel in a bad light. The Arabs had a number of chances to establish a relationship with Israel but instead chose to attack it multiple times, with the intent of ensuring its absolute destruction.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:11 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
One of the big reasons the US (and the west) is so pro-Israel is because we helped form their country after WWII and we have been committed to keeping the country together. Allowing an independent Palestine would undermine what we worked for and would undermine US power and authority. It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with power and influence. Palestine is actually one of the most Christian countries in the middle east and has more Christians then Israel.
while europe is pro israel over palestine , the level of support in america for israel is cult like

Old 11-15-2017, 07:13 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I myself am pro Israel, but still support the notion of a Palestinian state. However, Jerusalem should go to Israel as Muslims already have access to a number of their holy sites as do Christians. The Arabs also have plenty of land already stretching all the way from Morocco to Oman.

Except it’s the Palestinians who like playing the victim, most of the time. Hamas itself has a habit of using human shields in an attempt to showcase Israel in a bad light. The Arabs had a number of chances to establish a relationship with Israel but instead chose to attack it multiple times, with the intent of ensuring its absolute destruction.
the palestinians are the victims full stop !

israel has the unconditional backing of the most powerful nation on earth , it is also the country with the richest diaspora of any nation on earth , it is immensely powerful

Old 11-15-2017, 12:15 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The Palestinian territories have more Christians than Israel? What a load of Palestinian BDS BS! There are currently around 170,000 Christians in Israel (and growing) compared to 50,000 Christians in the territories (and shrinking). Muslims have removed nearly all the Jews from Muslim lands and now they are working on removing all the Christians.
To clarify I meant by percentage. Israel is 2% Christian and Palestine is 6% Christian.

I’m not sure what BDS stands for. I happen to by pro Israel so you can calm down. My only point was that the US isn’t anti-Palestine because they are Muslim.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:46 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
that is a pretty horrible reason to support one country without any principle... I wish the west can be as "understanding" when it comes to Russia supporting the Syrian government. No, it is not. Too often the west is allowed to do something, but when others do essentially the same, it is wrong and immoral.
Perhaps, but many countries do the same thing and have for thousands of years. Russia with Syria, China with N Korea, the US with Israel. I think it’d be hard to find any major power in the world who doesn’t support or prop us another country for influence and power. The principle behind being pro Israel is that it is a safe, Democratic, stable, and relatively equal. I’d say there is more principal to support Israel then Syria, Iran, or N Korea.

The history behind Israel and its formation is complex and controversial, but looking back at that time and looking at the modern Middle East, I think time has shown that creating and supporting Israel has been a good choice. I don’t blindly support Israel and I do think they have committed some terrible deeds, but that doesn’t make me think Israel shouldn’t exist. We just need to hold them accountable and not let them get away with whatever they want.

I also support an independent Palestine, but I honestly don’t think it’s realistic or will happen. If I have to choose one or the other I will support Israel.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
To clarify I meant by percentage. Israel is 2% Christian and Palestine is 6% Christian.

I’m not sure what BDS stands for. I happen to by pro Israel so you can calm down. My only point was that the US isn’t anti-Palestine because they are Muslim.
Still wrong, per reputable websites the territories are 2-3% Christian also (the rhetoric's may be differenent but the percentages listed are similar).

Christians in the Palestinian Authority

Old 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
the Palestinians are the victims full stop !

The Palestinians are victims of themselves. The Palestinians are not trusted in any country. Egypt's wall with Gaza is taller and deeper than any wall in Israel. Egypt has installed a moat to flood any infiltration's from Gaza. Egypt has bulldozed upward of 2 km in Egypt to create a buffer zone. Thus Egypt does not want a common border with the Gaza Strip. It all went in after Israel left in 2005. Jordan does not want a common border with them either. Jordan has stated that the river will not be the border and that they want a 9 km buffer west of the river. Both nations keep their border crossings closed to Palestinians most of the time.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM

779 posts, read 595,670 times
The Palestinians have declined a two-state on several occasions. Israel has realized there will never be a two-state solution, and so have the Palestinians. And now the radicals from the terror boot camp that is Palestine are playing their victim on the international stage, and of course, their partners-in-crime, the lefties, are going along with them. How else do you explain that Isreal, out of all countries in the world, has violated human rights the most, according to the UN? It's just laughable.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:36 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
the palestinians are the victims full stop !

israel has the unconditional backing of the most powerful nation on earth , it is also the country with the richest diaspora of any nation on earth , it is immensely powerful
Israel is very powerful indeed and not all of their actions are entirely defensible, but they are not nearly as expansive as often claimed. They took over Sinai following their war with Egypt and relinquished it after the signing of a peace treaty. If Israel truly were to expand, it would have followed the two blue stripes on its flag, which are the two rivers (Nile and Tigris) and thus would be a lot bigger than it is today as it would encompass the territory that lies between them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World