U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 PM

801 posts, read 253,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Referring back to my original example, Americans didn't hate or look down on Benny Hill.

The thing is, Benny Hill was a professional comedian. Donald Trump is President of the United States. In my view, the Chinese may not hate or look down upon Trump, but it seems that they don't really respect him.

Let me ask, do the Chinese laugh at President Xi like they laugh at President Trump?
Xi isn't respected in China. But you just can't openly make fun of Xi in public. There were people arrested for joking about his illiteracy on the Internet(Xi didn't even go to high school, but he has a doctorate degree). Chinese are probably more politically savvy than you expect. Xi is a horrible leader who is trying to restore totalitarianism and reverse the progressiveness. Xi is considered a threat to the future of China more than anything else. Everyone in China knows that.

Chinese don't respect one U.S President more than another. As long as you are the U.S President, you are the most powerful man in the world. It's hard to compare Trump against Xi, but I can assure you that Obama isn't more revered than Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 PM

734 posts, read 202,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Yes.

I answered his/her question. Without Trump, blue states would vote for DEM anyway. His/her argument failed to prove Trump is a bad president.
There were a number of swing states this election. Democrat strongholds like Pennsylvania and Ohio went to Trump, so I don't necessarily agree with the notion that blue states will always vote for DEM's.

Trump made a lot of promises to the struggling middle-class, especially those in the manufacturing industry and I get the appeal of what he says. The problem is that many of those jobs were lost a long time ago to either outsourcing or automation. In fact, I would go as far as to say the latter is the biggest culprit. Its' hard to bring back those jobs when the demands of the 21st century are different from what they used to be.

My previous comment regarding elective patterns is concerned with how the states with the largest economic output all voted against Trump. Why is that the case?

Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 PM

801 posts, read 253,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
There were a number of swing states this election. Democrat strongholds like Pennsylvania and Ohio went to Trump, so I don't necessarily agree with the notion that blue states will always vote for DEM's.

Trump made a lot of promises to the struggling middle-class, especially those in the manufacturing industry and I get the appeal of what he says. The problem is that many of those jobs were lost a long time ago to either outsourcing or automation. In fact, I would go as far as to say the latter is the biggest culprit. Its' hard to bring back those jobs when the demands of the 21st century are different from what they used to be.

My previous comment regarding elective patterns is concerned with how the states with the largest economic output all voted against Trump. Why is that the case?
Texas, with the second largest economy, voted for Trump.

Hardcore blue states(West Coast + NY + MA and a few others) voted for DEM every time.

The swing states are not among the most developed states.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:06 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,671,685 times
Quote:
I take it to mean that you and your relatives are citizens of China. So please explain to me, why is Donald Trump's overly long and cellophane taped neck tie so incredibly hilarious to a Chinese person?

And why were the Chinese factories building Donald Trump Chicken Statues?
Because 2017 is the year of the rooster on the lunar calendar? Hello? Every Chinese new year shops are filled with replicas of the animal for that specific new year - 2018 will be year of the dog. Also, fyi, they are rooster statues with Trump hair, not "chicken". Get it right.

Jeez every Chinese person in mainland or abroad knows this. Ask something more intelligent.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:16 AM

4,781 posts, read 3,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Because 2017 is the year of the rooster on the lunar calendar? Hello? Every Chinese new year shops are filled with replicas of the animal for that specific new year - 2018 will be year of the dog. Also, fyi, they are rooster statues with Trump hair, not "chicken". Get it right.

Jeez every Chinese person in mainland or abroad knows this. Ask something more intelligent.
My point sailed over your head.

What other world leaders are depicted as "rooster" statues in China?

Old 11-22-2017, 09:51 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,671,685 times
Quote:
My point sailed over your head.

What other world leaders are depicted as "rooster" statues in China?
Sorry your point sailed. If you asked a more direct question perhaps it could've reached shore.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:39 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,456,814 times
Quote:
Elon Musk (possibly the greatest man alive)

Ahahahahahah, very good morning humor....

Old 11-22-2017, 03:31 PM

734 posts, read 202,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Ahahahahahah, very good morning humor....
Tesla,SpaceX, OpenAI, Neuralink, Hyperloop...

How is that not ambitious?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:28 PM

165 posts, read 31,166 times
I noticed that two red carpeted aircraft staircases were waiting at bay long before Trump's Airforce One touched down on the tarmac. Quite a different scenario from Obama's last exit!

Arabella is not the only one wowing the audience. Hmm.. look who are these cute little girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scbkNFAUjss

Old 11-22-2017, 04:35 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,456,814 times
Quote:
Tesla,SpaceX, OpenAI, Neuralink, Hyperloop...

How is that not ambitious?

Tesla is a shredder of other's people capital (so far) not to mention the borderline fraudulent accounting methods used, SpaceX is a recycler of Russian rocket engines, the others are not really functioning companies yet and, more importantly, did not invent anything.

I will be curious to see how Musk fantasies will perform in a normalized interest rate regime.

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-22-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World