U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
 
8 posts, read 637 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm hoping to move out of the U.S. and would appreciate some suggestions on which are the best non-White majority places to live that are accepting of Black immigrants? Before anyone answers with "Africa" please allow me to inform and enlighten you. Africa isn't a country, it's a continent that has 55 (Yes 55) countries in it . Wherever you suggest doesn't necessarily have to be in Africa, just preferably a non-White majority country/city. Thanks in advance for any intelligent and insightful replies.

 
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
 
7,225 posts, read 7,905,367 times
Reputation: 11438
Well, I would have had some suggestions, but your demeaning tone regarding how most people would think Africa is a country is a huge turn-off. Good luck moving away.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Seattle WA, USA
2,751 posts, read 1,144,614 times
Reputation: 1519
I don't really know but probably somewhere in Latin America or the Caribbean. There are several countries in the region that are somewhat economically prosperous, about the same level as central Europe such as Chile.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
 
8 posts, read 637 times
Reputation: 10
I've traveled all over America and if one thing is consistent it's this "We are the best and have the best of EVERYTHING, and we're the most accepting...", attitude without having been anywhere else besides America. I've talked to Black Americans who are much happier abroad, and have experienced LESS racism and/or no racism in countries other than America. Got to love that Western media, and how they portray the rest of the world. I see and understand why American's have such a negative reputation around the world. Places that I have researched that have excellent standards of living that are non-White majority are Barbados, Gabon, Seychelle, the Bahamas, Philippines, Nigeria, and much of the Caribbean those are the ones I can think of based on the little research I've done, I'm sure there's MANY more...Before anyone gives a knee jerk reply, please do your research.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
 
8 posts, read 637 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I don't really know but probably somewhere in Latin America or the Caribbean. There are several countries in the region that are somewhat economically prosperous, about the same level as central Europe such as Chile.
Thanks for the reply, I have actually considered Chile though it is White majority...Look it up.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Seattle WA, USA
2,751 posts, read 1,144,614 times
Reputation: 1519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuscus_ View Post
Thanks for the reply, I have actually considered Chile though it is White majority...Look it up.
I knew that Argentina was white majority, and I was aware that Chile had a large white population, but didn't know that it was white majority. Just looked it up and they are 52.7% white and 39.3% mestizo which is a mixture of white and Amerindian.

Anyway this map of countries by GDP per capita (PPP) should help you narrow things down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...%29_per_capita

But also consider the economic inequality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_inequality

So for instance South Africa might seem like a good option based off of their GDP per capita, but the economic inequality is pretty bad and a lot of that wealth is held by the few rich people. But in any case on google street view it seems all right.

looking at just houses.

Cape Town
https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.913...7i13312!8i6656

Pretoria
https://www.google.com/maps/@-25.710...7i13312!8i6656

Johannesburg
https://www.google.com/maps/@-26.163...7i13312!8i6656
 
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
 
2,301 posts, read 870,334 times
Reputation: 1254
The answer to your question is easy, Turkey. Do not ask questions, just go, surprise yourself.

You will love it perfectly and have the peak time of your life there with all the mixed colors and white minority in the east.

Erdogan is an OK guy who has kicked out more white people (good for you) and the economy has been growing at 7%, beautiful mountains, everything.

Enjoy life and never be bitter about anything, just continue to grow as a person.

the best,
Winter.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
757 posts, read 217,357 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The answer to your question is easy, Turkey. Do not ask questions, just go, surprise yourself.

You will love it perfectly and have the peak time of your life there with all the mixed colors and white minority in the east.

Erdogan is an OK guy who has kicked out more white people (good for you) and the economy has been growing at 7%, beautiful mountains, everything.

Enjoy life and never be bitter about anything, just continue to grow as a person.

the best,
Winter.
Sarcasm?
 
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Big Bayou
656 posts, read 73,815 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuscus_ View Post
Hello,

I'm hoping to move out of the U.S. and would appreciate some suggestions on which are the best non-White majority places to live that are accepting of Black immigrants? Before anyone answers with "Africa" please allow me to inform and enlighten you. Africa isn't a country, it's a continent that has 55 (Yes 55) countries in it . Wherever you suggest doesn't necessarily have to be in Africa, just preferably a non-White majority country/city. Thanks in advance for any intelligent and insightful replies.
It is easy to find great non-white countries to live in. Finding one that is accepting of black immigrants on the other hand is probably a bit harder. Black-American behavior has a reputation that precedes itself around the world.

Your best bet might be Brazil. It has a large mixed-black population and for the most part has less racial tensions than many other countries in the western hemisphere. +1 for the beauty of Brazilian women as well.

Cuba might be another interesting place to try. Cuba is pretty welcoming towards America misfits, or so I've heard.

A wildcard location might be Tanzania. I've heard good things, specifically about Zanzibar.

My last suggestion would be Jamaica.

Try visiting anyplace before you just up and move there though.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
 
8 posts, read 637 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for the replies everyone. It doesn't necessarily have to be in Latin America...Or Black majority for that matter, just preferably non-White majority. Any Asian countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top