U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 07:14 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,490,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scr...-lower-profile

Will it last?
Can Washington influence ever be beat?
Will Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the US beat them?
It not an alliance, it means they have interests. However this interest is fragile as demonstrated in Syria and beyond.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 07:50 PM

6,290 posts, read 1,744,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
It not an alliance, it means they have interests. However this interest is fragile as demonstrated in Syria and beyond.
I think youíre wrong.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:07 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,038,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This has nothing to do with Sunni, Shia and Trump. This has been fermenting since before the Arab Spring with Iran at the head. Iran has been building bases as it moved westward in Syria and slowly into Lebanon (SA and UAE have seen this coming as they banned their citizens from travelling to Lebanon in early 2016). Iran has been working in the background connecting to Turkey while the world was being misdirected by ISIS. Their only real hurdle left is the Iraq/USA connection. The EU/US needs to finally open their eyes to the fact that Erdogan cannot be trusted. Thus removing them from NATO and taking baking or destroying NATO supplied armaments.
I think your post is very insightful and gets to the core of it all. I do not, and have not, trusted Iran's leadership since the revolution. And Erdogan... he plays shell games. I don't trust him either. The EU is led by a bunch of folks whose goal is to main status quo. I say watch this space with regard this Iran/Turkish/Russian alliance. Nothing good can come of it.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:07 PM

6,814 posts, read 9,377,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don’t think Iranians really care about Palestinians. In fact, the only reason Muslims care about them is because of the fact that most of them share their religion and they live in the Holy Land.
Well, I am really talking about the Iranian leadership. It is constantly making anti-Israel statements. This despite the fact that Iran and Israel share no border and have no real cause for conflict. In fact, both are nations with minority religions in the volatile Sunni majority Middle East, you would think they should be allies. But instead Iran sees Israel as a convenient distraction, a way to take Sunni attention off Iran and onto someone else.

But I do think many individual Iranian people care about the Palestinians. I am an American and I care about the Palestinians and I am sure many other people care also. I just don't think that Iranians would care as much as their government propaganda makes it out, in other words Israel would not be an Iranian problem if the Iranian government did not promote Israel as an enemy in the first place.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I think your post is very insightful and gets to the core of it all. I do not, and have not, trusted Iran's leadership since the revolution. And Erdogan... he plays shell games. I don't trust him either. The EU is led by a bunch of folks whose goal is to main status quo. I say watch this space with regard this Iran/Turkish/Russian alliance. Nothing good can come of it.
I donít trust the Saudi leadership nor the America led pentagon leadership either. It works both ways.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:03 PM

3,089 posts, read 1,894,993 times
Quote:
Russia and China have their own adventurism in place. They are not countering the US for any noble cause, but because they want a their own slice.
The US has not always been that noble.....China and Russia want their own sphere of influence without being surrounded.

Quote:
I donít see anything wrong with that. If youíre going to follow a country, why not follow the most successful one.
Being allied does not mean being vassals...I agree that the shared values and common history roots makes the EU, obviously, a natural ally of the US.
I would say that China is a remarkable success story and even Russia performed a quite dramatic turnaround compared to the disaster of the Yeltsin era.

Quote:
Africa still has a long way to go. One thing they do definitely have going for them is that they are experiencing the largest annual growth of any economy in the world.

I think the future focal point is going to be in space.
Space is definitely another area of competition and China and Russia are well positioned in that arena.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:35 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,490,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I think youíre wrong.
Well the Turkish President has been outspoken on the Iranian leadership. The Turkish president is much opposed to Iran interference in Yemen and not just Iran. Turkey supports Saudi Arabia position on Yemen and they have been outspoken about it. They think Iran has a agenda to dominate the Middle East. Sure they can have interests like trade and also opposing Isreal but even if they have an alliance it is fragile.

Well Turkey has trade relations with Russia and it is not an alliance. Turkey even has a huge arms deal from Russia. However not long after the US Saudi Trade deal, Saudi Arabia got a huge arms deal from Russia.

Also the US is not in alliance with Saudi Arabia, they only have interests.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 PM

401 posts, read 160,507 times
Quote:
Well the Turkish President has been outspoken on the Iranian leadership. The Turkish president is much opposed to Iran interference in Yemen and not just Iran. Turkey supports Saudi Arabia position on Yemen and they have been outspoken about it. They think Iran has a agenda to dominate the Middle East. Sure they can have interests like trade and also opposing Isreal but even if they have an alliance it is fragile.

Well Turkey has trade relations with Russia and it is not an alliance. Turkey even has a huge arms deal from Russia. However not long after the US Saudi Trade deal, Saudi Arabia got a huge arms deal from Russia.

All alliances are based on interests.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:34 AM

6,112 posts, read 10,155,737 times
Quote:
I don’t think Iranians really care about Palestinians. In fact, the only reason Muslims care about them is because of the fact that most of them share their religion and they live in the Holy Land.
Nobody cares about so-called Palestinians and no one cares about that ideological crap either.

Powerful people care because that strip of land on the eastern Mediterranean seaboard is a nexus linking three continents by land and sea, and all the resources that pass through there.

In that sense, yes it is the Holy Land and men have been fighting each other for it for the better part of 10,000 years.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:

yes, we (the US) are heavily allied with SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or