U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 11:06 PM

11 posts, read 7,452 times

Advertisements

So tomorrow i leave to my Cancun vacation trip and it got me curious as to wonder where else in the world has crystal blue, electric-like beach water such as Mexicoís Mayan Rivera.

I did some research and most of the results were islands. Made me realize that Cancun is fairly unique that itís attached to a mainland.

Hopefully some of you experienced travelers can give me some insight

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 06:02 AM

11,110 posts, read 30,233,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Desert Rat View Post
So tomorrow i leave to my Cancun vacation trip and it got me curious as to wonder where else in the world has crystal blue, electric-like beach water such as Mexico’s Mayan Rivera.

I did some research and most of the results were islands. Made me realize that Cancun is fairly unique that it’s attached to a mainland.

Hopefully some of you experienced travelers can give me some insight

Thank you
The South of France

pics from wikimedia

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 12-24-2017, 07:33 AM

11 posts, read 7,452 times
Wow not bad France and thanks for providing pictures even though i didn’t require it. I don’t mind google searching them myself.

Even though pictures don’t do justice, i’m going to assume that Cancun is still more “crystal clear” while Southern France appears more turquoise blue.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:32 AM

1,285 posts, read 977,291 times
The water in Cancun is an amazing shade of turquoise , but it's not really as clear as it could be due to the fairly large waves that they can get.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:24 PM

1,810 posts, read 1,333,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Desert Rat View Post
Wow not bad France and thanks for providing pictures even though i didnít require it. I donít mind google searching them myself.

Even though pictures donít do justice, iím going to assume that Cancun is still more ďcrystal clearĒ while Southern France appears more turquoise blue.
Even in Mexico there are beaches more "crystal clear" than Cancun, like in Balandra beach, Baja California.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:17 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,773,741 times
The clearest water I've ever seen was on Rottnest Island off the western coast near Perth Australia. Small covey beaches and gin clear water. Also remarkably clear were beaches at Negril, Jamaica and Phuket Thailand.
Surprisingly some of the beaches on the Mayan Riviera in Mexico disappointed in water clarity. There are stunning beaches and turquoise waters but water clarity was not what it could have been.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:26 PM

1,289 posts, read 390,428 times
It's often a misconception, that clarity = blueness. The two are not the same.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:52 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,458,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The South of France
People living in southern France is really lucky. They are a few hours both of those stunning beaches and of the stunning mountains in RhŰne-Alpes. And also the lush lavender fields in Provence. They have the best of all four seasons.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:39 PM

1,639 posts, read 734,383 times
The coves of Calanque (Southern France) have very clear water.

Vietnam has some clear beaches. Google Ninh van bay

Old 12-30-2017, 02:59 PM

2,531 posts, read 966,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The South of France

pics from wikimedia

This was the first place that crossed my mind. Most mainland beaches have too much river runoff to have that level of clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World