Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times

Advertisements

OP is the goat troll. Respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,526,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
Let me try to answer some of the questions. It changes from person to person. Some people do stop their activities five times per day to pray. Some don’t. Friday prayers are important so even if they don’t pray five times a day, some people go to mosque for friday prayer. Some women wear hijab some don’t. Usually in the big cities most women don’t wear hijab. In smaller towns and villages they wear more traditional clothing.

Same with the Ramadan fasting. Some observe it some don’t. Though most people try not to drink or eat in places like buses, subway etc. during ramadan out of respect for those who fast. Restaurants stay open though so anyone is free to go there if they chose to do so.
I got the point. People is religious, but this is not somewhat so strongly enforced. More or less what happens here in Brazil in regards to the Christianity.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:27 AM

400 posts, read 292,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
I got the point. People is religious, but this is not somewhat so strongly enforced. More or less what happens here in Brazil in regards to the Christianity.
Yes. I hope it stays that way.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:35 PM

2,299 posts, read 1,520,050 times
When we were in Turkey for about three weeks, our guide told us he was an atheist. It was very interesting getting his perspective on everything. I imagine that people cover the spectrum of religious belief there as in most places. A generation ago in Australia people would just state a religion when asked about it, whether they believed or not. Often say Church of England even if they were atheist. Now about one third write no religion on the census.

Turkey was amazing. I would love to go back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World