U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 05:58 PM

766 posts, read 309,848 times

Advertisements

There is no denying the issues people face are becoming increasingly similar worldwide. We seem to be becoming a one world government with each passing year, month, and day. With each passing year more and more governments both national regional and local jump on the same bandwagon, hundreds of legislation are passed in each regional government and they more and more mirror each other. Also due to social media and the world wide web people are getting similar in ways of thinking.

These days in many areas we have issues of government corruption, police impunity and internal coverup, 24 hour nonstop slave corporate culture due to the World wide web and smart devices, the mentality people of all ages with almost no down time, Radical environmentalism that pays no attention to true science and makes things worse and not better, fear of terrorism and the annoying security theatre that comes with it. As well as the likely hood of losing any type of privacy as public records spreads across borders too quickly and often may fall in the hands of more corrupt governments. Also the violation of foreign sovereignty due to the FATCA in 2010 is inexcusable. I believe this is just the beginning and more and more governments around the world would follow in its footsteps, China is already doing so. Also whats stopping governments from sharing info that can affect people's daily lives and employment over International borders? The more corrupt governments are still going to remain as corrupt as they used to be and may charge people for non existent offences. This is not info that we want one's home country or employers to know.

With each passing year governments all around the world seem to be all seeking increasingly similar brainless legislation without thinking of unintended consequences just to make a point. And of course they will ignore the common folks in favor of elite.

How many places are left in the world that have good adequate resources and living conditions, yet are still relatively immune from the issues of globalisation. Apparently the powerful special interests these days spearheaded by the UN and global mass media wants to "Californize" or should I say Europeanlize the entire planet within the next 30 years. Though what really matters whether individual governments give in and how they give in? Usually the more "Progressive" politicians are far more likely to fall for such idealism and decides they need to make a point for signing them into law of their land.

Nowadays the question is which parts of the world are less likely to be infested by politicians that think they must be politicially right and give in without taking a step back and looking at the big picture?

Also if we have to choose a destination within the US(in which its mostly state and local governments that gives in, are Alaska, American Samoa, Saipan, Midway Islands, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas good choices?

I know American Samoa and Montana has no plans to link with the great computer network with the rest of the country and decides against the Real ID Act.

In my view a good country would have government personnel acting as servants rather than supreme masters of the people.
For people with their documentations right and within guidelines there should be no bad attitude from immigration personnel. A good country would look at the big picture rather than just giving in to big interests or radical extremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 06:23 PM

31,667 posts, read 48,833,404 times
You have a very good chance to find those places in densely forested areas of South America, Central Africa, and New Guinea.
Other places to consider here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples
The only problem - they don't want you there.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:41 PM

Wow south America, I am also thinking of it, It appears Paraguay and Bolivia seems relatively avoiding media attention and fad legislation the rest of the world is going through. And local governments don't have this globalist ban ban ban mentality.
Now it seems to boil down to asking The issues that one may face in Paraguay is the drug trade and the corruption in government. Mail theft is frequent. Items shipped to Paraguay are highly likely to be stolen or ransacked prior to reaching its address.

Indian reservations in the US seems another area which seems to fit the definition above. Of course its impossible to buy land within on those places unless you are from their tribe. American Samoa and Saipan kinds of escape the rat race by being disconnected from the main networks and only allowing real estate to be purchased by indigenous people. This helps prevent real estate from skyrocketing due to foreign investers as with many other places in the world. Though it also means renting is the only way for others who want to live there..

The trouble of the world is that there is always this "culture of fear" that drives people to fear, overwork, and or avoid taking part in policy making even if its on the ballot. Culture of fear also results in helicopter parenting. Mass media which now being spread by social media seems to be a major culprit in spreading culture of fear among both leaders and the commoners.

Interesting to learn about uncontacted people though, I am beginning to wonder where in the world its best to start such a tribe should one want to permanently leave the rat race.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:58 AM

1,339 posts, read 373,767 times
India came to mind first. Very resistant to playing follow-the-leader. Everything in India remains very Indian, from cars to fast food to films and music.

Ive lived in both Bolivia and Paraguay, and basically, they are not much different from the Latin American model. Every country down there has its unique character, but Bolivia and Paraguay no more so than the rest. I got all my mail in both countries. At the time, though, it was true that every Paraguayan family was supported in part by at least one member who smuggled stolen Brazilian goods into Argentina, or something of the like.

I got there shortly after the end of the Stroessner regime, and asked people how things have changed. They said, Now there is more of three things: Crime, Taxes, Corruption. Life was quite good in Paraguay in the 90s, families with a decent standard of living, almost no slums in Asuncion, which is a pleasant city. I hope it still is. Although I understand rural poverty was not well addressed.

Last edited by cebuan; 01-03-2018 at 01:14 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 01:17 AM

I don't think it's possible to start or even join existing tribe, but you could probably move into some very remote location, and live in the wild with no media, gadgets, utilities, stores and money. Self sustaining. Hope you have great surviving skills...

Old 01-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Interesting information, though without resorting to such rough extremism, are there any places in the world that has a good amount of access to modern utilites at a affordable rate, this includes taxation on imported items. A stable public governance, good human rights record, and that is relatively safe, not controlled by extremists either in the far left or right, have affordable modern healthcare, yet allows one to retreat from all those annoyances facing the population of many parts of the world.

I know there are plenty of no name countries in Africa that may be disconnected for now but they are really dangerous and not to mention you deal with the primetivenessas well.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:19 PM

That sounds like Utopia... The Land of Cockaigne.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia

You see... Christopher Columbus thought he had found the Garden of Eden when, towards the end of the 15th century, he first encountered the New World and its indigenous inhabitants. And look what's happened to it...

Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 PM

1,339 posts, read 373,767 times
Here's another one: Somaliland.

Globally recognized as being a part of Somalia, the Mogadishu administration has no presence nor authority in Somaliland, the northern part of the country. Somaliland runs on its own, in complete diplomatic isolation, not recognized by any nation. To enter, you need a Somaliland visa, easy to get from a legation in Addis Ababa or Djibouti, and Ethiopia also has a visa-issuing legation in Somaliland's only city, Hargeisa, which has nearly a million proud and contented inhabitants.

Hargeisa international airport has only five flights a day., the only alternative to 18 bone-jarring hours in a Range Rover. The city has less than a mile of paved streets, but it is clean and tidy -- I saw a trash compactor truck picking up trash behind my hotel. Tapwater is safe to drink, electrical outages are few, and wifi is better than in Ethiopia. Inhabitants are friendly and welcoming, but not pushy. The few hotels are pleasant and comfortable, and cheap. Food is abundant and varied, markets are busy. Hargeisa is probably the safest city in east Africa, but the rural desert around the city may not be and travelers outside Hargeisa must pass through a checkpoint, which requires foreigners to be accompanied by an armed guard, but that is often waived on the highway to Berbera, which by Somali standards, is "busy".

Most of the economy comes from remittances by Somalis abroad. The main export seems to be camels. In short, Hargeisa is an invisible community of a million people who are making it (just fine) on their own, collectively making their own rules, without any meddling from the outside world nor dues to pay.

On my trip to Addid Ababa, I didn't know if I could successfully reach my goal of Hargeisa or not, but it turned out to be straightforward, with a few days in Addis to arrange the visa and transport. Be sure to get a multiple entry visa stamp when you land at Addis. Well worth the effort, and Ethiopia is very much worth seeing, too. I was told in Dire Dawa, Ethioipia, that Hargeisa can be reached in a day overland from there. Stay at the cheap and charming African Village hotel in Dire Dawa.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:12 AM

597 posts, read 241,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Interesting information, though without resorting to such rough extremism, are there any places in the world that has a good amount of access to modern utilites at a affordable rate, this includes taxation on imported items. A stable public governance, good human rights record, and that is relatively safe, not controlled by extremists either in the far left or right, have affordable modern healthcare, yet allows one to retreat from all those annoyances facing the population of many parts of the world.

I know there are plenty of no name countries in Africa that may be disconnected for now but they are really dangerous and not to mention you deal with the primetivenessas well.
New Caledonia or even New Zealand. Very peaceful places.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:29 PM

5,891 posts, read 9,939,283 times
Avoid superficial delusional measures. Deep down a vast majority of chains are really lame. Create your own specific methodological research traits. Right type of exotic. Erase corruption outside of mindfulness. Only focus on bright optimistic material. Out of my past journeys, Bratislava Slovakia, Constanta Romania, Fes Morocco, Doha Qatar are real stars to this equation. Everyone take my advice. Book airplane ticket, secure hotel accommodation, observe your visual surroundings, gratefully embrace, and keep treasures in your own memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or