U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM
 
1,643 posts, read 556,668 times
Reputation: 1251

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Valencia, better climate and seems like it has a more prosperous economy


Perth vs Los Angeles
Perth is intriguing to me but I'm afraid it could become to isolated to me after some time.
Therefor I go with LA.


Ho Chi Minh City vs Manila
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM
 
4,097 posts, read 4,992,461 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Perth is intriguing to me but I'm afraid it could become to isolated to me after some time.
Therefor I go with LA.


Ho Chi Minh City vs Manila
Manila due to English is far more widely spoken there and one is more likely to encounter people that speak English compared to Vietnam.

Pattaya Thailand vs Antalya Turkey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM
 
6,255 posts, read 4,040,211 times
Reputation: 3926
Wasn't there an exact same thread like two years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
9,052 posts, read 9,849,372 times
Reputation: 3616
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Manila due to English is far more widely spoken there and one is more likely to encounter people that speak English compared to Vietnam.

Pattaya Thailand vs Antalya Turkey
Pattaya because I like the culture better and it has a warmer winter.

Alice Springs vs. Yellowknife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
365 posts, read 59,341 times
Reputation: 536
Alice Springs. Never been there, but Ive been in the next town -- Darwin. Pretty nice.

LaPaz, Bolivia, or LaPaz, Baja, Mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
 
Location: Palmer/Fishhook, Alaska
1,248 posts, read 790,041 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Alice Springs. Never been there, but Ive been in the next town -- Darwin. Pretty nice.

LaPaz, Bolivia, or LaPaz, Baja, Mexico
Truthfully, neither one. I can't take the heat at all. If FORCED, then it would have to be Baja, Mexico because of it's proximity to my original home state of California and the fact I could at least potentially drive back to the states lol.

Tromsų, Norway or Barrow, Alaska
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM
 
Location: Big Island, Hawaii/ Madrid, Spain
596 posts, read 991,044 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Truthfully, neither one. I can't take the heat at all. If FORCED, then it would have to be Baja, Mexico because of it's proximity to my original home state of California and the fact I could at least potentially drive back to the states lol.

Tromsų, Norway or Barrow, Alaska
Tromsų.. while still isolated, dark (at least half the year), and cold.. at least I'm under 2 hours from Oslo and connected to the rest of Europe. And Norway is a pretty fantastic country.

Capetown or Montevideo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
9,052 posts, read 9,849,372 times
Reputation: 3616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Tromsų.. while still isolated, dark (at least half the year), and cold.. at least I'm under 2 hours from Oslo and connected to the rest of Europe. And Norway is a pretty fantastic country.

Capetown or Montevideo?
Montevideo because overall it seems safer and I like Latin culture.

Des Moines, IA, USA vs. St. Petersburg, Russia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
2,510 posts, read 3,360,252 times
Reputation: 2856
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Montevideo because overall it seems safer and I like Latin culture.

Des Moines, IA, USA vs. St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Pete, no hesitation. It's one of my favorite cities in the world. The dark, dreary winter would be rough but the summer makes up for it.

I'm sure Des Moines is an ok place but it's not in the same class as St. Pete.

Munich, Germany vs Vienna, Austria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
 
Location: NYntarctica
10,841 posts, read 4,776,067 times
Reputation: 3838
Munich, more interesting culture and seems to be richer


Charleroi vs Belfast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top