Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,607,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Liverpool by far lol. At least a cop won’t kill me because I’m not white. But I have actually heard that Liverpool is very lovely with a nice nightlife and beautiful architecture.

Melbourne vs Paris?
Paris. I'm a Europhile.. I had a great time in Melbourne but it's simply too far away.

Montevideo vs Buenos Aires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 06:32 AM

37,164 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by providence623 View Post
Buenos Aires, no other city in the southern half part of the world comes close to buenos aires art, architecture, shopping, night life, cultural scene.

Try going to the theater in Sydney (the second most important southern hemisphere city) at 2am on a Thursday. In buenos aires you can do that.

Ottawa or Calgary
Ottawa due to proximity and ease of access to other notable cities and there’s a decent tech industry. I’ll continue the Canadian comparison with two similarly sized cities on opposite coasts with

Halifax, NS vs Victoria, BC

Old 06-04-2020, 09:49 AM

570 posts, read 509,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by providence623 View Post
Buenos Aires, no other city in the southern half part of the world comes close to buenos aires art, architecture, shopping, night life, cultural scene.

Try going to the theater in Sydney (the second most important southern hemisphere city) at 2am on a Thursday. In buenos aires you can do that.

Ottawa or Calgary
Buenos Aires has an amazing nightlife but it also has a metropolitan population of 15.5 million! Although it’s very run down!!

Old 06-07-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Ottawa due to proximity and ease of access to other notable cities and there’s a decent tech industry. I’ll continue the Canadian comparison with two similarly sized cities on opposite coasts with

Halifax, NS vs Victoria, BC
Halifax, it seems less gloomy/rainy, bigger city with a high student population, closer to Europe and more interesting cities in North America.

Buenos Aires vs Bangkok

Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 AM

76 posts, read 38,910 times
Quote:
Halifax, it seems less gloomy/rainy, bigger city with a high student population, closer to Europe and more interesting cities in North America.

Buenos Aires vs Bangkok
Bangkok, I lived there for a year and absolutely loved it. Lots to do, some of the best food in the world, friendly people, beautiful temples, near beaches, cheap, and central to other great destinations.

Vienna vs Prague

Old 06-15-2020, 06:41 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,607,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Bangkok, I lived there for a year and absolutely loved it. Lots to do, some of the best food in the world, friendly people, beautiful temples, near beaches, cheap, and central to other great destinations.

Vienna vs Prague
These are actually two major European Cities I haven't been to.. While the cost of living in Prague is much lower, and I could probably afford to live a bit larger there, Vienna is constantly rated among the highest quality of life cities in the world, and I speak German. So I'll go with Vienna. Two great options.

Split, or Dubrovnik Croatia

Old 06-17-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
These are actually two major European Cities I haven't been to.. While the cost of living in Prague is much lower, and I could probably afford to live a bit larger there, Vienna is constantly rated among the highest quality of life cities in the world, and I speak German. So I'll go with Vienna. Two great options.

Split, or Dubrovnik Croatia
Dubrovnik -game of thrones and looks incredible

Barcelona or Madrid (Spain)

Old 06-17-2020, 02:54 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Dubrovnik -game of thrones and looks incredible

Barcelona or Madrid (Spain)
Barcelona... it's all about the beaches for me:

Christchurch, New Zealand vs. Victoria, BC, Canada

Old 06-17-2020, 10:40 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Barcelona... it's all about the beaches for me:

Christchurch, New Zealand vs. Victoria, BC, Canada
That's actually a very hard one for me, but I'd probably go with Christchurch for the milder to warmer weather.

Beijing, PRC vs. New Delhi, India

Old 06-17-2020, 10:54 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's actually a very hard one for me, but I'd probably go with Christchurch for the milder to warmer weather.

Beijing, PRC vs. New Delhi, India
Delhi - more freedoms, better food and better weather.

Port Louis, Mauritius vs. Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World