U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:55 PM

913 posts, read 314,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Worse than Detroit.
Seine Saint Denis (north and northeastern inner suburbs, where are many of the worst part of Paris area) has only a homicide rate of 2 per 100,000.
By comparison Detroit homicide rate is 39.7 per 100,000.
Paris Streets Turned into WARZONE by Violent Migrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 11:50 PM

817 posts, read 789,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
There is no such thing as a "Big Seven", there is a Big Four... NYC, Tokyo, London, Paris.
I totally agree.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:03 AM

17,569 posts, read 19,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
This resembles pretty much none of Paris or its suburbs. It’s like if you took a mass shooting in a part of a US metropolitan region and then just claimed, well, that’s that city in general every day. Except this would still be better because it’s not a mass shooting with multiple casualties and the wounded liable to go into ruinous financial difficulty. The northeastern banlieues of Seine-Saint-Denis which are supposed to be the so very scary parts of the Paris region with over a million people has a lower homicide rate than what would be considered a very safe major US city. What is the major city you live closest to? Perhaps a comparison would help put things in perspective.

When was the last time you’ve ever been anywhere near the region you’re posting about? Are you really taking that article at face value or are you just putting one on us?

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 02-05-2018 at 12:14 AM..

Old 02-05-2018, 03:22 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,919,624 times
Quote:
Breitbart can't be considered as an accurate source.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:40 AM

1,366 posts, read 479,221 times
Quote:
Damn, I feel badass AF!!!

I can walk in Paris an entire week, day and night and nothing happens to me.
Maybe I should be a warlord too, if nothing happens to you in a war zone, you must be born to live there and scare people.
That must be my 1meter76 and 75kg. I know that's pretty impressive

So people have zero idea how incredibly stupid they sound. But where are we?
In Citydata...

But since I live there, in Paris (well no, in the dangerous ghetto Créteil), I m obviously biased, lying, and cannot see the truth niarf niarf

Old 02-05-2018, 04:29 AM

519 posts, read 420,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
I would say these are better classifications, going by industry engagement:

Global city power projection: London and New York.
Powerhouses in pretty much all global city criteria: Human capital, financial services, cultural heritage and academia.

Financial services:
"Big Five" of London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Paris often gets neglected here for a number of reasons.

Cultural engagement: "Top Three" of London, New York and Paris.
Various other lists also include one or two old world, typically Western European, cities.

Fashion capitals: "Top Three" of Paris, Milan, New York (with occasional mention of London).
According to media coverage, industry engagement and the presence of the biggest fashion labels.

The problem, as far as I can see, with the "Big Four" is that London and New York are heavily overrepresented in related discussions or threads. In some cases, the discussions turn into bitter London versus New York rivalries, with the others being somewhat ignored.

I think it's interesting that, in earlier discussions going back a decade or two, Paris had much more leverage in competing against London and New York by dint of its cultural heritage. Also, though are many advocates for Tokyo who give good arguments for why it should be included among a "top four", it never really received the same public engagement as the other three.
Better than what classification? The Big Four or the Big Seven?

Old 02-05-2018, 04:49 AM

231 posts, read 398,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
I totally agree.
I’m sure JLL are keen to hear how much you and Davy-040 know better about accounting, auditing and data collection than they do.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:04 AM

519 posts, read 420,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen401 View Post
I’m sure JLL are keen to hear how much you and Davy-040 know better about accounting, auditing and data collection than they do.
The problem as I see it, if people are going to disagree with a study by a reputable firm like J.L.L., they probably ought to give reasons why. Just saying “This is BS” or “I agree/disagree” without evidence or arguments is a bit daft

Old 02-05-2018, 11:39 AM

4,317 posts, read 2,604,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Breitbart can't be considered as an accurate source.
The linked article included a video that, to my eyes at least, appeared to show a riot in progress. Are you saying that Breitbart is so inaccurate that this alleged riot did not take place?

Old 02-05-2018, 01:01 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,919,624 times
Welcome in a large city where protests exist and can happen but it doesn't mean that Paris is turning into a warzone.
It's far to be something common. This article is over one year old.

You can walk without any problem in this neighborhood (infact the tents were just located on one block).
I can take pictures of the area tomorrow if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World