U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country would you feel safer as a tourist in general
Brazil 4 20.00%
Vietnam 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM

9,669 posts, read 10,970,575 times

Advertisements

Brazil or Vietnam

I am wondering what the reasons for the discrepancy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 04:39 PM

2,154 posts, read 795,391 times
There are 200 countries, and I get a choice of a random two, based on one single criteria.

For the specifics, I have never been in a country in which I do not feel as safe as I do at home. I feel as safe in Somalia as I do in Switzerland. When Im traveling, I have other things on my mind, than looking under beds.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM

588 posts, read 121,878 times
I have a cousin who lives in Brazil..... He says its not a bad area...

I guess they are pretty nice.. (As nice as anywhere I guess)

Old 01-29-2018, 05:07 PM

9,669 posts, read 10,970,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
There are 200 countries, and I get a choice of a random two, based on one single criteria.

For the specifics, I have never been in a country in which I do not feel as safe as I do at home. I feel as safe in Somalia as I do in Switzerland. When Im traveling, I have other things on my mind, than looking under beds.
You still did not answer the question....

Old 01-29-2018, 05:44 PM

204 posts, read 80,257 times
for me great or interesting place sights to tourist is Brazil when compared to Vietnam
safer in as a tourist is Vietnam (although some less secure to a tourist ) than Brazil

Old 01-29-2018, 07:04 PM

1,986 posts, read 713,191 times
I've not been to Brazil so I can't really compare the two of them. Never ran into any problems in Vietnam. The most annoying thing was the traffic and the waves of motorcycles cutting through lanes, which is on par with what I've seen in other South East Asian countries (perhaps worse)

Old 01-30-2018, 12:41 AM

2,154 posts, read 795,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
You still did not answer the question....
Yes I did. It's a tie. Brazil and Vietnam, in terms of safety risk: Nil-nil.

I don't mean to be a threadpooper, but those two countries (and a hundred others) are perfectly ordinary in terms of the safety of travelers. Give us some context, to tell us why you chose those two countries, and no others, for a poll. The number of posters here who have been to both is tiny. Most have nothing to go on except random smatterings of anecdotal facebook newsfeeds. Even those of us who have traveled in both countries are very unlikely to have any experiences that would guide us in making our poll choice.

What kinds of reasons were you expecting for the discrepancy? Is your purpose posting this to fan the flames of the shrill global psychotic fear of tourists become a homicide statistic if they venture beyond a gated resort?

Last edited by cebuan; 01-30-2018 at 12:55 AM..

Old 01-30-2018, 01:05 AM

1,986 posts, read 713,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Yes I did. It's a tie. Brazil and Vietnam, in terms of safety risk: Nil-nil.

I don't mean to be a threadpooper, but those two countries (and a hundred others) are perfectly ordinary in terms of the safety of travelers. Give us some context, to tell us why you chose those two countries, and no others, for a poll. The number of posters here who have been to both is tiny. Most have nothing to go on except random smatterings of anecdotal facebook newsfeeds. Even those of us who have traveled in both countries are very unlikely to have any experiences that would guide us in making our poll choice.

What kinds of reasons were you expecting for the discrepancy? Is your purpose posting this to fan the flames of the shrill global psychotic fear of tourists become a homicide statistic if they venture beyond a gated resort?
I don't see any link between the two countries, other then the fact that they both have extensive jungles covering large areas.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:24 AM

598 posts, read 252,308 times
Brazil imo is a very violent country overall, some of it surely translates over to tourists too.

SEA region as a whole I don't consider particular violent, their cultures could be described as wimpish compared to some other parts of the world, so Vietnam it is.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:26 AM

3,038 posts, read 1,179,326 times
When I worked in South America, my coworkers strongly advised me not to go to Brazil for a holiday....I didn't and I doubt I ever will go to Brazil. I've been all over southeast Asia but haven't made it to Vietnam....no country in southeast Asia has violent crime like Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or