Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 08:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times

Advertisements

I love how a post (by a moderator) throws the thread into some boring U.S.A debate....

You guys need to find a different country to talk about..

Anyways, its just a site where people are fans of how cities operate and many just admire and are fans of certain mega cities.
No it doesn't personally have an impact on my since all the mega cities of the world seem to be all pretty much tied at the top and they are all great in their own ways when it comes to culture, things to do, food scene, infrastructure, etc...

I'm also personally not a fan of huge cities, most humans can't even afford to live in those cities so im not too interested.
I like a country like Germany with a bunch of medium sized cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You guys need to find a different country to talk about..
Like what? Denmark? Austria? What's there to talk about?

I didn't want this to become an Europe vs US discussion, but you must understand that because you are the wealthiest, the most powerful, the most influential and the most known country on Earth, you will be in the constant spotlight. And of course, you have your fair share of "USA #! USA! USA! USA!" people who are happy to bicker.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
These global rankings are usually a D-measuring contest. I can imagine why they're so popular. But on the other hand no one city can fit everyone's needs. For some people Number. 1 might be NYC, for some people it might be Paris, for others it may be Tokyo, for a few cerebrally challenged individuals it may be Bradford...This is always the case when a list is based on subjective agenda

Old 02-07-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

I didn't want this to become an Europe vs US discussion, but you must understand that because you are the wealthiest, the most powerful, the most influential and the most known country on Earth, you will be in the constant spotlight. And of course, you have your fair share of "USA #! USA! USA! USA!" people who are happy to bicker.
Awe thanks i'm so flattered.

Lol, jk...

Too many misunderstandings in these discussions, a simple post in defense about the U.S.A can be taken way out of content and the poster will be labeled one of those patriotic "USA! USA! USA!" posters. when in reality they are just simply trying to say something like "hey not everywhere has a huge crime rate" "we have many cities with good public transportation" etc, etc...

Don't know how this all got tied into this post however, is it because we have at least 2 global cities in our country? well jeez im so sorry, that is not in my control. maybe we Americans need to talk down the influence of NYC and L.A to not be labeled overly Patriotic ? for now on we will just pretend Wall Street and Hollwood doesn't exist to make it a fair competition for the rest of you.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Actually a superpower like China would be fun to talk about. but yes i know this is a pretty much a western site.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Awe thanks i'm so flattered.

Lol, jk...

Too many misunderstandings in these discussions, a simple post in defense about the U.S.A can be taken way out of content and the poster will be labeled one of those patriotic "USA! USA! USA!" posters. when in reality they are just simply trying to say something like "hey not everywhere has a huge crime rate" "we have many cities with good public transportation" etc, etc...

Don't know how this all got tied into this post however, is it because we have at least 2 global cities in our country? well jeez im so sorry, that is not in my control. maybe we Americans need to talk down the influence of NYC and L.A to not be labeled overly Patriotic ? for now on we will just pretend Wall Street and Hollwood doesn't exist to make it a fair competition for the rest of you.
Was never my intention to suggest all praise of America would be obnoxious. Sometimes it's totally justified.

You have at least two global cities or maybe five. My country has none. But I don't mind that.

Quote:
Actually a superpower like China would be fun to talk about. but yes i know this is a pretty much a western site.
China is too weird, different and unknown. And I couldn't watch Chinese Saturday Night Live because I don't understand a word what they're saying. But as you said, it's a Western site mostly inhabited by Westerners. I bet that in Asia they talk China a lot.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:59 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
I do think that some lists have too many random American cities that few people outside the US care about. Especially the recent one that was posted a while ago. Sometimes you see greatest cities in the world lists that look like this

15. Rio de Janeiro
16. Moscow
17. Kansas City
18. Prague
19. Tulsa
20. Seoul
21. Buenos Aires
22. Scranton PA

Yeah...that can be a bit annoying

Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Was never my intention to suggest all praise of America would be obnoxious. Sometimes it's totally justified.

You have at least two global cities or maybe five. My country has none. But I don't mind that.
Doesn't matter if you cross borders or not imo, you are still close to London, Paris, Brussels and last but not least the beloved Moscow, Russia!

Old 02-07-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you cross borders or not imo, you are still close to London, Paris, Brussels and last but not least the beloved Moscow, Russia!
But in London you have to change money to farthings and guineas.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
But in London you have to change money to farthings and guineas.
Just use your debit and or credit card like a normal person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World