U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 03:18 PM

5,908 posts, read 5,732,395 times

Advertisements

Travelers from these 59 countries do not need a visa to go to Hainan Island any more.
Hainan is a tropical island in South China sea, and is also a major tourist destination of China.
Interestingly, the list includes the Philippines but not Vietnam.

Here are the 59 countries given visa-free access to Hainan, as reported by Bloomberg:
Albania, Argentina , Australia, Austria, Belarus, , Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina , Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, , Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, , Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, , Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, , Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, , Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, , Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, , Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, , Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia , Slovenia, , South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, , United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 03:48 PM

1,516 posts, read 443,813 times
Those kinds of lists are assays puzzling. Qatar, but not Bahrain,
Argentina but not Uruguay.

Kazakhstan's visa waiver included USA but not Canada, and three Scandinavian countries but not Denmark. Also Netherlands and Belgium, but not Luxembourg. It apparently rewarded countries with a high gross amount of trade with Kazakhstan.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Those kinds of lists are assays puzzling. Qatar, but not Bahrain,
Argentina but not Uruguay.

Kazakhstan's visa waiver included USA but not Canada, and three Scandinavian countries but not Denmark. Also Netherlands and Belgium, but not Luxembourg. It apparently rewarded countries with a high gross amount of trade with Kazakhstan.
It is often bilateral. Some countries may have easy access for Kazakhs.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:57 PM

1,516 posts, read 443,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
But EU countries are all the same, aren't they? Uruguay lets everybody in.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 PM

4,070 posts, read 1,998,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Exactly, and I'm sure more will be added to the list for Hainan in the future. China-Vietnam relations aren't great atm, but I bet they get added to the list in a short time.

China has been providing more and more visa free access to parts of China for the last few years. 48 hour visa free transits are allowed in almost all the major cities, and I bet that will get expanded either in time or to include larger areas.

China finally opened an official department dealing specifically with foreign visas and immigration.

New immigration bureau set up to handle growing number of foreigners in China | South China Morning Post

Old 04-18-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
But EU countries are all the same, aren't they? Uruguay lets everybody in.
All Schengen countries should have the same visa requirements, not all of the EU necessarily. The US got into some hot water with the EU because of its visa requirements.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/w...ed-states.html

China is just following Americas lead perhaps? It doesn't seem like the EU cares at the end of the day.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:37 PM

494 posts, read 438,574 times
Have fun going to Hainan. Its is extremely boring however the Sanya beach (Yalong) is nice with some great quality water.

Lots of Russians use to hit up Sanya. Not sure if they still do as its become even more expensive then Thailand, which I'd rather go to.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Have fun going to Hainan. Its is extremely boring however the Sanya beach (Yalong) is nice with some great quality water.

Lots of Russians use to hit up Sanya. Not sure if they still do as its become even more expensive then Thailand, which I'd rather go to.
I think a lot of international conferences will be held there instead of Beijing or Shanghai.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post

I enjoyed Hainan and yes there is still a lot of Russians there, but the number of other foreigners are starting to outpace the number of Russians. We visited some tea and coffee farms that were interesting. I forget what itís called, but the big statue built on the little island is really neat too.

Sanya itself isnít really too interesting, itís more or less a typical Chinese city, but Hainan is very beautiful. The beaches were pretty good too.

Iím also not a fan of southern Chinese food, especially the Buddhist vegetarians dishes which are very common in Hainan. Hainan has the worst food I have had in China, Yunnan is a distant second worst.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:47 AM

6,395 posts, read 4,351,569 times
Have fun at the lovely beaches in Hainan.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or