U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:03 AM

875 posts, read 505,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
It's not a crime to be a redneck by choice, and liberals should be the first person to acknowledge that. However the term redneck is looked on so negativly in oz by some "liberals" that anyone would think it actually is a crime.
Exactly, and its not as if all of humanity looks up to inner city hipsters, BMW driving corporate lawyers, sports fanatics or left leaning political advocates as role models either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 05:32 AM

20,293 posts, read 25,097,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
well you'd have to make the assumption that AJ is correct that rednecks have been - beaten into submission - I mean for crying out loud it couldn't possibly be that perhaps most Canadians simply don't identify with being a redneck by like - something called free will.. Ask AJ how likely would someone in Montreal be considered a 'redneck' I mean were they 'beaten' into submission by the metrosexual movement
I guess I forgot to put a little smiley next to my post!

Anyway, these guys when you do find them in Canada tend to be less "edgy" than their equivalents in the U.S.

Kinda like the guy in the ball cap in the second photo here!

Ford promises a thriving business sector in London, rural Ontario | CBC News

Old 04-26-2018, 11:47 AM

10,841 posts, read 7,514,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Anyway, these guys when you do find them in Canada tend to be less "edgy" than their equivalents in the U.S.

I don't know. That guy kind of scares me. I know, I know I shouldn't judge a person on one photo, but the hat says a lot.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:21 PM

20,293 posts, read 25,097,545 times
Stealing from a thread posted a few years ago...

American "biker veteran" types

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/31409...national-guard

Canadian "biker veteran" types

https://rhianonbader.files.wordpress...-web.jpg?w=720

Old 04-26-2018, 05:24 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,186,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
The vast majority of Australians dont identify as Bogan/redneck either, due to exactly the same reason.

It's not a crime to be a redneck by choice, and liberals should be the first person to acknowledge that. However the term redneck is looked on so negativly in oz by some "liberals" that anyone would think it actually is a crime.
Well I think when people think of a redneck they think of someone rather close minded and hasn't had a lot of experience dealing with people outside their envelope. I mean when I think of a redneck - I don't think of someone who is an urban cat working an office job and having sushi after work with coworkers or jetting off to Europe for a holiday, I think of someone who lives in a more rural setting and maybe shoots birds with BB guns or does stupid s*it you see on youtube like jumping off their house and landing awkwardly and injuring themselves while all their redneck buddies laugh. So I don't think at least where i'm from we look at them as being criminal - just sort of closed and you know - redneck..

Old 04-26-2018, 05:27 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,186,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I don't know. That guy kind of scares me. I know, I know I shouldn't judge a person on one photo, but the hat says a lot.
Leave it to the Conservative party of Ontario to totally blow it by voting for the biggest idiot from a pool of otherwise decent candidates. I honestly can't vote for this guy and in spite of Wynne's obvious flaws I think i'll be voting liberal yet again. If the Cons voted Elliot or Mulroney in I would have been more than open to giving them my vote but just not him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

There are some parallels to the 2016 U.S election and what is going on in Ontario right now. Outside the Greater Golden Horsehoe, economic growth has been pretty paltry since Wynne took office and a lot of people are really pissed at her and the libs. Change of government is really in order but the alternative is just too untenable for my liking. I think the guy with the hat in that pic is probably a joker actually playing off the stereotype that Ford is Canada's version of Trump. There are some parallels but Ford actually has a descent relationship with immigrants and minorities in the GTA and has never spoken negatively about immigration so there are certainly differences. That said, Ford's smile is as phony as a 3 dollar bill. I've met the man before and he is 'jittery' and easily distracted.. Something just 'off'

Last edited by fusion2; 04-26-2018 at 05:36 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 03:14 AM

2 posts, read 433 times
i always ask the same question as well.
Tilal Al Ghaf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or