U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 AM

10,841 posts, read 7,518,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
If I have a lot of money and am in a career with international prestige and mobility paying 200k and above, London no question.

If I'm a working professional with a family and a household income of at least 100k, Vancouver.

I haven't been to San Antonio, but you can probably pick up a place to live for 200 grand which is absolute peanuts compared to the above, so if I am neither of the above in economic conditions I'd consider San Antonio.

The comparison is across three very different economic requirements to thrive (i.e., comfortably afford a place, a car, and entertainment/dining) and should be the primary consideration...
... and may I add three different countries. Choosing a place to live for me, the country really matters if my plan is a lifetime one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or