U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 04:43 PM

1,698 posts, read 505,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Everything I wrote has been written in the the Canadian forum before.
I actually thought you were being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 PM

12,342 posts, read 9,830,335 times
Just want to point out that the vast majority of religious people are not 'extremists' - That includes Muslims.. I think the more relationships you build with the silent majority of religious folk, at least those I have developed relationships with and consider friends and colleagues, they are the vast majority good people. They want the same fundamental things in life, to work and provide for their families and simply enjoy life. It is sad we allow the media and a small minority of extremists of any religious group to sway our overall opinion. It is such an injustice!

Old 05-15-2018, 09:50 AM

10,179 posts, read 7,163,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
If he was a little eye rolling emoji might have helped. The text alone didn't convey that to me.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:32 PM

19,646 posts, read 24,449,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Knowing Luis (and I think I do) he was being half-sarcastic and half-serious.

I like that approach.

Old Today, 03:54 PM

68,506 posts, read 59,676,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Those who traveled between North American countries and the carribean prior to 2000s North America was likely to remember the lax formalities on crossing from one country to the next. People used to cross land borders between Canada and Mexico barely just showing a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or even a drivers license despite the fact that it doesnít show proof of citizenship and sometimes they let them through just verbally declaring their country of birth or citizenship.
Though residents of European countries on the other hand back then had to show a passport just to cross from one country to the next.
Though all that changed starting from the 2000s when the Western hemisphere travel initiative requires specified travel documentations to travel between North American counties and the carribean. Often require a passport or other documentation proving citizenship.
Though with the introduction of the Shenigan area of the European Union land border controls have been greatly eliminated in most cases. And crossing between countries which once required immigration formalities is now like crossing a state border within the US.And over the years this privilege has been extended to neighboring countries outside the EU as well. Such as the ones in Eastern Europe.

Ever wondered whatís with the discrepancy with North America/carbbean tightening its border but European countries loosing their border controls in the 2000s. Even though both areas are dealing with threats of terror and, smuggling, refugees, and immigration.
The bolded: never heard of it. IMO when it changed, as others have said, was after 9/11. The terrorists came in through Canada, so that sparked the change in policy. The border immediately shut down, as some might recall. Border-crossing protocols were revised not long after.

Old Today, 04:58 PM
BMI

5,825 posts, read 3,282,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded: never heard of it. IMO when it changed, as others have said, was after 9/11. The terrorists came in through Canada, so that sparked the change in policy. The border immediately shut down, as some might recall. Border-crossing protocols were revised not long after.
The 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada.....heard that being said back then,
but I think it has proven not to have been true.

Old Today, 05:33 PM

15,324 posts, read 8,740,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ruth for truth with emphasis on the last "truth" part ...not one of the 9/11 terrorists entered through Canada They were all in the U.S. on visitor or student visas granted by the U.S. govt. and were not followed up upon when they enrolled in flight school in Florida and were only interested in the take-off portion of the training and showed no interest in the landing portion.

They "entered through Canada" bullcrap was first espoused by McCain who shoots from the lip on all things Canada related and later repeated by Napolitannonutz in her interest to increase her then fiefdom at Homeland Security.

"Unfortunately, misconceptions arise on something as fundamental as where the 9-11 terrorists came from," said Michael Wilson, Canada's ambassador in Washington.

"As the 9-11 commission reported in 2004, all of the 9-11 terrorists arrived in the United States from outside North America. They flew to major U.S. airports.
They entered the U.S. with documents issued by the United States government and no 9-11 terrorists came from Canada."

In the interest of truth and all......

All of the border change policies were dictated by Washington with Canada having no choice but to go along to get along. You are less free today because of that knee jerk "the sky is falling" nonsense.

Old Today, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
The 9/11 terrorists came in through Canada.....heard that being said back then,
but I think it has proven not to have been true.
Oh, thank you. If there was an update, I hadn't heard it.

Old Today, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Ruth for truth with emphasis on the last "truth" part ...not one of the 9/11 terrorists entered through Canada They were all in the U.S. on visitor or student visas granted by the U.S. govt. and were not followed up upon when they enrolled in flight school in Florida and were only interested in the take-off portion of the training and showed no interest in the landing portion.

They "entered through Canada" bullcrap was first espoused by McCain who shoots from the lip on all things Canada related and later repeated by Napolitannonutz in her interest to increase her then fiefdom at Homeland Security.

"Unfortunately, misconceptions arise on something as fundamental as where the 9-11 terrorists came from," said Michael Wilson, Canada's ambassador in Washington.

"As the 9-11 commission reported in 2004, all of the 9-11 terrorists arrived in the United States from outside North America. They flew to major U.S. airports.
They entered the U.S. with documents issued by the United States government and no 9-11 terrorists came from Canada."

In the interest of truth and all......

All of the border change policies were dictated by Washington with Canada having no choice but to go along to get along. You are less free today because of that knee jerk "the sky is falling" nonsense.
Thank you. Interesting. McCain. hmm....

Old Today, 07:45 PM

350 posts, read 113,328 times
We did get one terrorist from Canada, the one that wanted to blow up LAX drove his carload of explosives on the ferry in Victoria, BC and was arrested when they docked in Port Angeles, Washington in December 1999.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Ressam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or