U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 05:40 PM

2,439 posts, read 1,247,449 times

Advertisements

Waimea, Kauai, Sunset Beach, North Shore Oahu, Bora Bora, Hana, Maui, Haunama Bay, Oahu and river and coastal beach 7 miles of south of Puerto Vallarta on coast highway 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 05:41 PM

5,234 posts, read 5,482,465 times
I think of somewhere like Salta, Argentina where it is moist and green yet fairly moderate year round and not utterly devastated by herds of people.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:00 PM

13,868 posts, read 7,305,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
What city/region is a true paradise on Earth that you would like to visit and or live? What's the most beautiful place in the world for you?

1. Weather
2. Scenery
3. Vibe
4. Real Paradise Factor
5. Beautiful and Friendly People
Everywhere has their issues but of the areas I've been to (large portion of the planet btw) I like southern Spain, Arequipa, Peru and San Diego.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:42 PM

9,432 posts, read 10,522,520 times
AUSTRALIA!! The closest you can get to paradise on planet Earth IMO.

https://youtu.be/Mq83wUHIMD8

Old 05-06-2018, 07:53 PM

4,187 posts, read 2,076,191 times
For me it was a few different places. I spent a summer in Central Italy during high school and that was a pretty awesome summer. Probably the closest to paradise I have gotten to. I spent a couple weeks in SoCal many years ago and that was also an awesome trip.

If I could live anywhere, those two places would be at the top of my list.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:11 PM

16,014 posts, read 20,862,158 times
This is the most subjective of subjective. What's paradise for one may be miserable for another.

For example, someone mention coastal Florida. YUCK! I would never EVER want to live there.
Coastal Southern California? I live here now. It's ok but a touch too warm and dry for me.

I'd like a place that is cool most of the year but not too cold. I can live forever and never miss heat. Moderate to slightly more amount of rain. This might be horrible for someone else.

I won't even go into the other criteria.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 PM

5,234 posts, read 5,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This is the most subjective of subjective. What's paradise for one may be miserable for another.

For example, someone mention coastal Florida. YUCK! I would never EVER want to live there.
Coastal Southern California? I live here now. It's ok but a touch too warm and dry for me.

I'd like a place that is cool most of the year but not too cold. I can live forever and never miss heat. Moderate to slightly more amount of rain. This might be horrible for someone else.

I won't even go into the other criteria.
Climate is also just one part of the equation. Based on what you are saying, Addis sounds like a perfect match for you, but probably not what you or I would consider a “paradise” due to a large number of other factors.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:57 PM

17,075 posts, read 16,252,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
What city/region is a true paradise on Earth that you would like to visit and or live? What's the most beautiful place in the world for you?

1. Weather
2. Scenery
3. Vibe
4. Real Paradise Factor
5. Beautiful and Friendly People
Parts of Cornwall in the SW of England for me. Although South Devon is supposed to be the English riviera, it is so nice there that it tends to get too crowded. But along the coast of Cornwall, there are palm trees, turquoise waters, nice enough moderate weather year round (although the locals complain about wind in winter), gorgeous gardens and small cities and towns with tree lined and flower decorated shopping areas. The people have seemed nice when I was there. Great food, sidewalk cafes.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:32 AM

2,439 posts, read 1,247,449 times
Central Oregon Coast: summer is like paradise here. Malibu 1970's: beautiful singles, nice weather, scenery, clean beaches, cheap/affordable and light traffic

Old 05-07-2018, 10:37 AM

22,365 posts, read 64,323,092 times
I don´t equal any city with paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or