U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 08:30 AM

5,985 posts, read 9,922,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor0troy View Post
Interesting thread.i feel what’s bad for the global economy is the trade war with China.it comes right as oil prices and interest rates are both rising globally.

Sohail roshni
The "trade war" is trailing indicator of what has been wrong with the global economy.

The problem with the global economy, and globalization in general, is the pace at which it has been imposed (a few decades), more like forced sodomy than the organic process that it could have been (a century or two).

What was the big hurry? Do you like to be f__ked that way?

Shining a light on you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 08:42 AM

722 posts, read 880,126 times
I honestly don't give a **** about cheap chinese garbage because my life doens't revolve around consuming. My clothes are not made in China and all I buy is food and clothes. Realistically, the only thing I will have to pay more for is an iphone when I upgrade my iphone x in a few years but other than that, I could care less about this trade war.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I honestly don't give a **** about cheap chinese garbage because my life doens't revolve around consuming. My clothes are not made in China and all I buy is food and clothes. Realistically, the only thing I will have to pay more for is an iphone when I upgrade my iphone x in a few years but other than that, I could care less about this trade war.
I agree.

Crap consumer products from China are akin to growing old eating a junk food diet with no exercise.

The economy on US soil will benefit if the pace of junk supply slows, not to mention the painful drainage of investment reserves and opportunity costs associated with lost work experience and rising wage income among young people.

Some three decades of this is enough.

Old Today, 07:47 AM

1,627 posts, read 822,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
good, I hate globalisation. bring back localism.
You can have free trade without having full blown globalism.

Old Today, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
You can have free trade without having full blown globalism.
I know what you mean, but use of this word "free" is tricky.

Perhaps a bit more meaningful, even if a mouthful, to say that a population can have access to a needs-satisfying variety of goods and services without full blown globalism.

Globalism has brought more indigestion than needs-satisfaction.

Time to scale it back, and that is what's happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World