U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 06:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,957,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
its a made up term by the regressive left , islamaphobia is not real

i treat people on an individual basis as i find them but islam as a culture is deeply problematic so i see nothing irrational about fearing a large increase in the islamic population of europe , muslims are not any worse than other people but they have a starkly different outlook to most traditional europeans , preserving ones culture is viewed as completely sensible in every region of the world bar europe
It is no such thing and an often used platform of scare mongering, by those of particular ideologies, requiring the demonising of a different ideology or race or religion, depending what it in fashion at the time, and/or where intolerance will be more likely tolerated as 'good sense' by the populist mass if presented in a particular form.

It goes without need of articulation that large increases in any group into specific areas of the world, will not be in the interests of the host society.

The sad thing being Germany, gave ammunition to the haters, by opening its borders during a period of Mutti madness, to which little explanation can be reasoned to the reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 06:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,957,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
I been to Malaysia too and there is a degree of tolerance for people of different faiths, however, Malaysia has the religious police where they hunt for unmarried Muslim couples together and inspect hotels and demand to the people that work there to check the names of guests in the hotel to see if there are unmarried Muslim couples staying in the same room and after they find an unmarried Muslim couple they then even if its early hours of the morning go to their room and arrest them.

Yet, of course, Malaysia is more tolerant Islamic society than Saudi Arabia and Iran. They are ok with people of different faiths living there. However, in some ways, Malaysia is still backwards compared to western countries in regards to morality.

How long there for I wonder? Degrees of tolerance? More live and let live. There doesn't need to be sibling love or such, but a tolerance and accord that difference, guaranteed in their constitution on British departure anyway.

What you refer to is khalwat. Or close proximity. I have witnessed the police conducting such 'searches', any number of times. And so what? It doesn't impact on other races/religions, unless of course caught with a Muslim person, of course.

Is Malaysia a beacon of love and an example to follow in all directions of policy? God no. Corruption and harsh Fed laws urgently require repelling. There is some hope with a new government and the first change of political parties since 1957 independence. There is a lot of hope and goodwill in the 'new broom' will breath a fresh direction in openness and fairness.

In some ways some may well say America is 'backwards' maintaining the death penalty, maintaining the highest number by far of incarcerated folk in its prisons, (at least in the developed world) Gun laws, and so on.

You see few places are perfect, some les so than others, saying 'still backwards' compared to western countries in very judgemental at best.

Tolerance should not be dismissed lightly in a world of ever growing intolerance, and populist politics that increasingly advocate ever greater degrees of intolerance for own ends.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:10 PM

817 posts, read 169,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
Muslim, Russians and the Jews the three most persecuted groups in the world.

Sad.
False. Christians are the most persecuted group in the world.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:05 AM

10,053 posts, read 6,995,827 times
East London. Not a country, but a region in the UK. Very Islamic in nature and I don't think anyone would dare messing with a Muslim there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Tolerance should not be dismissed lightly in a world of ever growing intolerance, and populist politics that increasingly advocate ever greater degrees of intolerance for own ends.
I do not tolerate a sexist, violent, homophobic religion like Islam. Even Muslims themselves are victims of it. Stop being a lousy apologetic over a foul, rotten ideology. You and I know both know that Islam is a greater threat today. A lot of Muslims in the Middle East believe that the death penalty is an appropriate punishment for apostates. Not to mention that seven Islamic countries execute homosexuals because of the Sharia law. It's sickening that you ignore this. You're part of the problem. And don't you dare call us "ignorant" because you believe in a pedophilic, illiberal warlord, that true liberals should stand against, and play the victim here. Your Quran and its message is as clear as day.

With that being said, I'll never reject or frown upon someone if they tell me they're Muslim. If you're a good person, you can always be in my social circle. Two of my best friends were Muslim. The amazing thing is that they didn't take their holy book seriously. It's those that do who are problem in our society. They're the reason we have terrorism. I think Muslims or apologists such as yourself should stand against these people, not people like me who scrutinize Islam.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 AM

598 posts, read 252,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
False. Christians are the most persecuted group in the world.
That was sarcasm in case you missed it.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 AM

1,323 posts, read 675,891 times
Quote:

I think NJMann is right. Look at the Christians in the Islamic World, they don't do well. Look at Turkey they killed and chased the Greeks away in the 50's. And that was after a genocide.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:12 AM

1,323 posts, read 675,891 times
Quote:

Would you rather be a Muslim in the UK or a Christian in Egypt? I'll give you a hint they're only getting blown up in one of those countries

Old 07-16-2018, 10:38 AM

3,601 posts, read 1,809,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Would you rather be a Muslim in the UK or a Christian in Egypt? I'll give you a hint they're only getting blown up in one of those countries
and net migrations are moving overwhelmingly from one group of countries to the other.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:41 PM

861 posts, read 371,015 times
That's what secular society is supposed to be -- people of any religion can live with others happily and peacefully, while still practicing own religion. Most religious people, on the other hand, want own religion being the only official state religion, and suppress all others. Atheists governments have the best chance of creating such society.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:32 PM

1,204 posts, read 714,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
That's what secular society is supposed to be -- people of any religion can live with others happily and peacefully, while still practicing own religion. Most religious people, on the other hand, want own religion being the only official state religion, and suppress all others. Atheists governments have the best chance of creating such society.
Political secularism is not the same thing as an atheist (philosophically secular) government.

It's a theory of governance pioneered by Christians and deists in which the state delegates matters of faith to the Church, the same way that different branches of government are ascribed different roles under the doctrine of separation of powers.

The purpose behind it is to prevent state officials from dictating doctrine like papal intermediaries, or through some claim to a Divine Right of Kings, which is contrary to hermeneutically strict Christianity. Faith thus becomes a matter "solely between Man and his God".

What examples we've had of true state atheist regimes in history have not been pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or