U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 06:59 AM

61 posts, read 18,108 times

Advertisements

I got banned from a major forum for writing the following:

Quote:
Muslims get a lot of support and uncodified affirmative action from the left-wing, which I personally view as racism against Non-Muslim Indians. A lot of the Non-Muslim Indians in Europe actually spoke out in favor of the far-right during the Migrants Crisis for example. I don't think that the racism against them in unwarranted considering that a lot of it is rooted in socioeconomics and that Muslims are by far the most racist and discriminatory group now. It's not something that the US would have to deal with considering their Islamophobic immigration policy and the rarity of them.
I don't see what I wrote here that would be considered racist.

I also find it worrying that complaining about racism, affirmative action, or the socioeconomic angle to the left-wing's support for Muslims, is not allowed!

I think that the lack of right-wing media also discourages constructive dialogue on the issue too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 10:41 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,622,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
I got banned from a major forum for writing the following:
I don't see what I wrote here that would be considered racist.

I also find it worrying that complaining about racism, affirmative action, or the socioeconomic angle to the left-wing's support for Muslims, is not allowed!

I think that the lack of right-wing media also discourages constructive dialogue on the issue too.

Religion is a very sensitive topic, and avoiding criticism towards the religions themselves or their leaders is wise, although I don't give a crap if someone criticise the Christianity (I'm christian) or even tell jokes about Jesus. However, it's a fact that there is a trend towards censorship in the heretofore liberal western society in order to protect some people of hearing things they don't want.

There are some things that must definitively be forbidden. For example: policies such as the apartheid, terrorist acts, hostility towards people belonging to some ethnic or religious group, and so one. However, speaking and writting what we think and believe should be allowed in all circumstances. There are no absolute truth, and with the censorship, we cannot improve as society.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:10 PM

2,139 posts, read 1,362,754 times
In America both the left and the right seem retarded, at least in Europe the left makes sense.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
In America both the left and the right seem retarded, at least in Europe the left makes sense.
What do you make of the Right? I would like to point out that it's wrong to simplify world politics onto a left-right axis. For example, because the right-wing were Hindu, the left-wing in India was historically more homophobic, being comprised of the old money class educated by British colonialists and supporting secular.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Religion is a very sensitive topic, and avoiding criticism towards the religions themselves or their leaders is wise, although I don't give a crap if someone criticise the Christianity (I'm christian) or even tell jokes about Jesus. However, it's a fact that there is a trend towards censorship in the heretofore liberal western society in order to protect some people of hearing things they don't want.

There are some things that must definitively be forbidden. For example: policies such as the apartheid, terrorist acts, hostility towards people belonging to some ethnic or religious group, and so one. However, speaking and writting what we think and believe should be allowed in all circumstances. There are no absolute truth, and with the censorship, we cannot improve as society.
I think a problem with current western thinking is the inability to understand religious influences on culture and the ethnic divisions that follow. A Christian-Muslim divide exists in Eastern Europe and I hope that the European Union can help translate this into something Westerners can understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World