Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:08 AM

4 posts, read 2,313 times

Advertisements

Dubai is really a woderful city. I visited this amazing last week and enjoyed a lot with the https://dubaidesertsafarioffer.com/e...sertsafari.php
evening Dubai desert safari, dhow cruise tour and Hatta tour.

Enjoyed a lot in the desert safari. The dune bashing in a 4 by 4 was stunning.
https://happy-phabhrlbfzcywj.netdna-...-safari-04.jpg

https://happy-phabhrlbfzcywj.netdna-...-safari-14.jpg

Last edited by elnina; 12-07-2018 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 10:30 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,527,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I think that Sana'a is probably one of the more beautiful middle eastern cities, does anyone know if it's still standing, there is currently a civil war in Yemen.
If Sana'a were a safe city, not in a civil war, it would be certainly one of the most touristic and beautiful cities in the Middle East. Dubai is artificial.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:24 PM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Reputation is just unheard of for any other city. There is no other equivalent parallel. To the point of probably ending up overrated. While I am a very passionate enthusiastic fan to visit, appropriately rather embrace Doha Qatar, Kuwait City Kuwait, Abu Dhabi UAE, Manama Bahrain among hypnotic allure focus. Even Casablanca Morocco, Istanbul Turkey, Beirut Lebanon, Baku Azerbaijan, Tehran Iran, Astana, Almaty Kazakhstan, Cairo, Alexandria Egypt, Muscat Oman correctly qualify in relatively mystical unknowns when comparing the entire factual claims endless observations to Dubai.

Real Honest Opinions To The Audience? Is Doha Qatar of those two videos, and Kuwait in search engine browser technically superior magnificent to you in conjunction with Dubai UAE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEda...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMAL2kpRpDI

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kuwa...w=1346&bih=695
Dubai is much further along than Doha, so if you are looking for a complete tourist experience then Dubai is much more accessible to the typical tourist. With that said I personally prefer Doha by quite a large margin. Yes it takes a little more digging and moving around since it is not set up like Dubai, but I find it to be a much more authentic experience. Also the museum of Islamic art in Doha is a fantastic place and one that I never get tired of visiting.

So of course it comes down to preference but I can see why people enjoy Dubai more as well.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:18 AM

1 posts, read 880 times
I found Dubai to be not as expensive as everyone says. I could even afford nice dance classes for my kids.

Last edited by elnina; 12-07-2018 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: No links from new members

Old 12-18-2018, 04:38 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, Baku is stunningly beautiful and virtually no Americans that I've talked to have heard about it...not sure about Europeans. I'm living next to Fountain Square and close to the Caspian Sea, it's beautiful, comfortable and very inexpensive to boot.

I used to go to Dubai when I was working in Kuwait and Dubai is much more normalized and tolerant of western culture such as allowing you to buy (very expensive) alcohol than is Kuwait. I'll say if you're going to work in the Middle East, Dubai is the only place to be and Abu Dhabi second.
Bahrain is middle-eastern playground. People go there to party , the Macau of Middle-East... I personally love modern architecture but i wasn't that impressed with Dubai, yes it is different but it tries to hard to be noted. I prefer the modernity of Seoul, SK for example.

Old 09-29-2021, 03:04 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,921,991 times
There are lots of other EQUALLY NICE options available in the Middle East Continent. Far Enough Outside of just Dubai.

1. Doha Qatar
2. Kuwait City Kuwait
3. Manama Bahrain
4. Muscat Oman
5. Dubai, 6. Abu Dhabi UAE
7. Baku Azerbaijan
8. Tbilisi, 9. Batumi Georgia
10. Amman Jordan
11. Beirut Lebanon
12. Astana, 13. Almaty Kazakhstan
14. Istanbul, 15. Izmir Turkey
16. Casablanca Morocco
17. Algiers Algeria
18. Tunis Tunisia
19. Cairo, 20. Alexandria Egypt
21. Yerevan Armenia
22. Jerusalem, 23. Tel Aviv Israel
24. Nicosia, 25. Limassol Cyprus
26. Ashgabat Turkmenistan
27. Tashkent Uzbekistan
28. Dushanbe Tajikistan
29. Bishkek Kyrgyzstan
30. Lahore, 31. Karachi Pakistan
32. Tripoli Libya
33. Riyadh, 34. Jeddah Saudi Arabia
35. Tehran Iran

Although, Dubai is indeed a holy sacred metaphor of what is peaceful, stable, a must see experience in the Middle East. One of the most popular associations.

Last edited by ; 09-29-2021 at 03:17 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Dubai is artificial.
There is still tons of Soul, and History in the entire region(Persian Gulf). What a nice extremely underrated surprise to have seen tons of Ancient classical buildings throughout entire Dubai city limits. Those really magical Mosques that have quite intricate specific details. I have seen Dubai Mosques extra ubiquitous than Seoul South Korea Pagodas. Only discovering after visiting experience. Almost equal to what Istanbul Turkey did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
If Sana'a were a safe city, not in a civil war, it would be certainly one of the most touristic and beautiful cities in the Middle East.
Libya, and Pakistan are some extremely underrated countries. I think those two countries stabilized compared to the earlier in the 2000's.

I wonder if Syria was good enough for scenery before 2013. Was Syria a Jordan? Probably still not equal to that one. Yemen did lose the legitimate touristic grounds because of the recent problems. Otherwise, visit Oman, and even the UAE. Those types of old buildings are still occurring even over there.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatashaalbert View Post
Dubai is really a wonderful city. I visited this amazing last week and enjoyed a lot with the https://dubaidesertsafarioffer.com/e...sertsafari.php
evening Dubai desert safari, dhow cruise tour and Hatta tour.

Enjoyed a lot in the desert safari. The dune bashing in a 4 by 4 was stunning.
https://happy-phabhrlbfzcywj.netdna-...-safari-04.jpg

https://happy-phabhrlbfzcywj.netdna-...-safari-14.jpg
Dubai, and Doha planted too much trees to the point when I don't feel the Desert scenery really too much. Having to go into the outskirts to really feel the Desert Sand Dunes. I hope to see that between the Dubai Abu Dhabi bus ride. Strange to see lush trees further than Istanbul a few seconds.

I am glad to see other tourists are still pleasantly pleased satisfied with the experience. Just like my own.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anah View Post
I found Dubai to be not as expensive as everyone says.
Some items are really expensive. The Menus of virtually any Cafe, Restaurant, or Smoke Lounge. And some basic essentials. And a Cup of Coffee. The Hostels type of Room accommodation for some nights. Finally, the monthly rent exceeding one bedroom.

Other matters outside of those things ending up in another complete polar opposite situation. Very nice deals for *some 4 to 5 Stars Luxury Hotels only $40 to $57 USD per night. Some Fruit Juices Bottles Of Water less than $1 USD. Some tasty Middle Eastern Asian food meal items at the Spinneys Chains.

The Taxi cab rides isn't too expensive deep down, probably. And the bus rides all over the UAE is quite a bargain.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Bahrain is middle-eastern playground. People go there to party , the Macau of Middle-East... I personally love modern architecture but i wasn't that impressed with Dubai, yes it is different but it tries to hard to be noted. I prefer the modernity of Seoul, SK for example.
I believe I prefer Seoul South Korea over Dubai UAE, but I still love this one. Quite nice, and unique. Even among the modernity. Still very impressive. And Dubai even has another side to the Skyline high rises that is undeniably there if really having entered the territory. I might prefer the Ancient Classical Buildings that I have seen in UAE over the modern, which is indeed quite ironic.

What other countries are like Bahrain? Morocco could be one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World