Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Highly Developed Countries?
Costa Rica 2 5.13%
Panama 2 5.13%
Mexico 1 2.56%
Argentina 6 15.38%
Uruguay 5 12.82%
Chile 11 28.21%
Brazil 0 0%
Peru 0 0%
Poland 20 51.28%
Spain 37 94.87%
Greece 20 51.28%
Italy 33 84.62%
Portugal 27 69.23%
Russia 6 15.38%
Turkey 2 5.13%
Saudi Arabia 7 17.95%
Lithuania 12 30.77%
Romania 3 7.69%
Israel 25 64.10%
Tunisia 0 0%
South Africa 1 2.56%
India 0 0%
China 4 10.26%
Thailand 2 5.13%
Malaysia 2 5.13%
Indonesia 1 2.56%
Bahrain 8 20.51%
Brunei 5 12.82%
Kazakhstan 1 2.56%
None of the above 1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:58 AM

40 posts, read 38,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Yes, but we restrict the definition of highly developed country in this way, only a few countries - most of them with small population - would qualify: Nordic countries + Benelux + Australasia + Germanosphere + Japan. Maybe it's difficult for people from these countries to understand, but it's extremely hard for almost all countries of the world get rid of all social issues, if at all. And even those full developed countries, nothing assure that they will keep this standard of life.
It is because not all societies evolved to achieve the modern concept of Development. For example Africa is a tribal country and only considered extremely poor when it is evaluated under western Standards, but life and where society goes over there is completely different.

India is another case where spiritual life has a different meaning and the goals are often groupal and not individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 12:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Out of the list Italy, Spain. Portugal - a bit hard to say but well perhaps Portugal as well. By the way impressively wealthy Singapore is missing from the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Out of your list, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Israel, Greece, Lithuania
Next comes Poland and Chile
I don't consider neither Greece, Poland, Israel, Chile nor Lithuania highly developed (as for Lithuania there is no any "rivalry" at all as it has a little bit higher gdp per capita than estonia eg where i occasionally myself live ).

Old 08-28-2018, 01:20 PM

40 posts, read 38,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Out of the list Italy, Spain. Portugal - a bit hard to say but well perhaps Portugal as well. By the way impressively wealthy Singapore is missing from the list

I don't consider neither Greece, Poland, Israel, Chile nor Lithuania highly developed (as for Lithuania there is no any "rivalry" at all as it has a little bit higher gdp per capita than estonia eg where i occasionally myself live ).
So Italy, Spain, Portugal compare to Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Netherlands or GErmany?

Try going to Naples then go to Bergen, tell me if the level of developement is comparable...

Old 08-28-2018, 01:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatenPath View Post
Try going to Naples then go to Bergen, tell me if the level of developement is comparable...
I have been in both places during last years and honestly I did not notice anything that extremely "superior" there in Bergen compared to Naples... Both cities are loved by migrants, I'd say. However, streets of Naples weren't that clean, yes. But overall, Italy is a big country, regions differ there.
((oops, besides i myself live in my place permanently, not occasionally and thus know how the things here are ))

Last edited by Anhityk; 08-28-2018 at 02:34 PM..

Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
Chile's infrastructure certainly feels first world. It has life expectancy on par with many first world countries (and better than the US!). What is holding Chile back are the dreadfully low salaries

Old 08-28-2018, 04:22 PM

518 posts, read 398,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikebxl View Post
there are many indexes and classifications out there for highly developed countries, using a comprehensive set of criteria. Why would you trust people's opinions or perceptions when there are rigorous studies that do this in a much better way?

It is like polling what do you think the temperature is in a certain place... You can poll all you want and people may say it's 33 degrees or 37 degrees, but then there are devices and ways of measuring things that will give you correct and thoughtful information...

!Because the majority opinion of people is more important than predetermined data!

The thermometer can say whatever it wants to say, it's only as hot or as cold as people feel it is.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:47 PM

630 posts, read 525,947 times
And other than that, how many post do you think this thread will have before it turns ugly and gets locked by the mods?

Old 08-29-2018, 03:04 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecOpec View Post
!Because the majority opinion of people is more important than predetermined data!

The thermometer can say whatever it wants to say, it's only as hot or as cold as people feel it is.
Yeah perceptions... It's flat around me, so earth must be flat. Screw studies.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM

278 posts, read 230,612 times
I do not me explain how it can be in this discussion list of whether they should be included in the so-called first world to Italy and Spain when they should be in that concept precisely in the World Head these 2 countries for anyone with a minimun studies.

Some confuses the first World only whith countries that have a high level of PIB
.But I understand that only those countries with a high level of QUALITY OF LIFE should
be considered.

And the quality of life not only includes the wealth but it is the sum of 4 things.-

1)High PIB

2)High Cultural level

3)High technology

4)High level of Services(Good generalized Health,Good commnications,Low level of delinquency , level of life expectancy.

In summary HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE OF CIVILIZED LIFE.

There are ountries with high PIB and that are very weak in the other 3 addends and
althouh they are created in the maximun level of the First World,this is vey debatable.-

If we analyze these 4 concepts we will see that Italy and Spain not only should not be discussing if they are countries of the first World ,they must be placed at the head of that Ranking.-

Old 08-29-2018, 10:13 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
I do not me explain how it can be in this discussion list of whether they should be included in the so-called first world to Italy and Spain when they should be in that concept precisely in the World Head these 2 countries for anyone with a minimun studies.

Some confuses the first World only whith countries that have a high level of PIB
.But I understand that only those countries with a high level of QUALITY OF LIFE should
be considered.

And the quality of life not only includes the wealth but it is the sum of 4 things.-

1)High PIB

2)High Cultural level

3)High technology

4)High level of Services(Good generalized Health,Good commnications,Low level of delinquency , level of life expectancy.

In summary HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE OF CIVILIZED LIFE.

There are ountries with high PIB and that are very weak in the other 3 addends and
althouh they are created in the maximun level of the First World,this is vey debatable.-

If we analyze these 4 concepts we will see that Italy and Spain not only should not be discussing if they are countries of the first World ,they must be placed at the head of that Ranking.-
Ok we get it. Can we move on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World