Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 02:29 AM

12 posts, read 11,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
negative, that's all I hear from the EU, the British love Europeans but not the EU.
Well bigpaul..... I don't know....... can't you just be the new masters already? I really want to know what would happen to hose superior Europeans.

I posted something cheeky but I decided to edit it because something bad might happen.

Last edited by noartificialityplease; 12-22-2018 at 02:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 03:04 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noartificialityplease View Post
So many people keep saying and are hoping that America is on its way to collapse. ......... but what happens afterwards though?
I wouldn't want to experiment with it, and there are too many moving parts to predict what would unfold.

However, political entities large and small and inter-regional political economic structures covering chunks of the globe have collapsed time and again in human history - due to both human infighting and technological and environmental change - and humans have managed to survive and rebound like so many cockroaches, usually with some great epic stories and literature coming out of it.

Just for example, of many: the so-called Bronze Age collapse/emergence of Iron Age c. 1200-1175, and the ensuing Homeric epics.

Either way, don't worry, be happy, plenty of light under cover of darkness.

Fidem clam scit.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:34 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,600,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noartificialityplease View Post
Well bigpaul..... I don't know....... can't you just be the new masters already? I really want to know what would happen to hose superior Europeans.

I posted something cheeky but I decided to edit it because something bad might happen.
the UK is better off out, we should never had joined in the first place but we were lied to by politicians, nothing new there then.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:56 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Two world wars.
Oh I see............because nowhere else in the world has ever been at war, only 'Europe' right? It must be the 'peace loving' Americans stopping the warmongering Euro's from tearing out each others throats!

Old 12-22-2018, 04:26 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,600,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh I see............because nowhere else in the world has ever been at war, only 'Europe' right? It must be the 'peace loving' Americans stopping the warmongering Euro's from tearing out each others throats!
that's a good one!!!
I think some people need to look up the meaning of "regime change".

Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I said it wouldn't surprise me. All it would take is another Balkan flare-up.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:02 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
It won't happen. Macedonia and Greece are in better relations than ever, Serbia couldn't care ant only want to join the EU asap where Croatia is at the moment.

There are no parts in Europe these days that Russia and America want to divide in 2019, not even the balkans.

edit: We're not 2019 yet I know... .

Old 12-22-2018, 12:52 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
And if this happened you think the whole of Europe would start 'fighting' each other? Do you live in the year 1560?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:52 PM

395 posts, read 598,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
America is not a government or a central bank or Fort Knox full of commonly held gold. It is 350-million people with survival instinct, who cumulatively own a great deal of income property and productive capacity and educated savvy. It will not "go broke". If its pieces become fragmented, it will still be a powerful continent, insulated by oceans and united by culture..
I totally agree but this is a hypothetical question and an interesting one as it displays how powerful and influential the US is on the world stage.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:29 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Has anyone here watched Man in The High Castle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World