U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:45 AM

6,608 posts, read 4,807,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well the USD has gotten stronger in every one of the 20+ nations that I've worked and traveled in over the last 12 years and none have gone the other way and the result for me is that I can travel in most of the world and do whatever I want and it will be cheap for me because their currencies have fallen relative to the USD...but I'm not holding my breath that will continue.
Why not? I don't see any of those currencies getting their footing back. All the resource-reliant countries will never gain the momentum back and there is no way in hell that pound would go back to its former form unless a second referendum is held and the remainers prevail, which is never going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:34 PM

16,132 posts, read 8,406,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Why not? I don't see any of those currencies getting their footing back. All the resource-reliant countries will never gain the momentum back and there is no way in hell that pound would go back to its former form unless a second referendum is held and the remainers prevail, which is never going to happen.
I think they will and most of these things are cyclical. One example, when I was in Azerbaijan, we had an Italian company doing the finish design and construction and they are winning big contracts across the Middle East and Europe and one reason why is that the lower Euro and weak Italian economy has made them very aggressive and cost competitive. Eventually, these currencies, i believe, will bounce back. They do have a bit of an albatross on their backs with pensions from the large number of retirees with large pensions and this will also greatly impact the USA on a little later timetable than Europe.

As far Asia, they are just on a growth spurt and I don't see anything stopping that from doing anything but accelerating...you are in a good location of the world. But really, all they're doing is catching up to Europe and North America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or