U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Montreal vs Munich
Montreal 20 54.05%
Munich 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 11:09 AM

6,078 posts, read 3,228,760 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Montreal is like a cross between a European city and a North American city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 11:10 AM

21,066 posts, read 26,218,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Well, we're very catholic here and we're nowhere near as relaxed, although we're more relaxed on other things. To me Munich does not feel utterly catholic, it mostly feels german, yet it feels familiar to someone like me who has grown up near the Alps in a non-mediterranean context. That said I've never been to places like Hamburg or Kiel, they might feel quite different.

When I think about protestant stereotypes, I don't necessary see them as being more progressive.
Munich strikes me as the most relaxed of the big German cities. Berlin is also relaxed to some degree but in a different way. Of all the cities in Germany ironically it was Munich that reminded most of Montreal - especially in the summertime it's quite festive with a nice terrasse culture.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:49 PM

6,078 posts, read 3,228,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Munich strikes me as the most relaxed of the big German cities. Berlin is also relaxed to some degree but in a different way. Of all the cities in Germany ironically it was Munich that reminded most of Montreal - especially in the summertime it's quite festive with a nice terrasse culture.

yeah that's probably why they are compared to in the first place. I think Germans are very outdoor enthusiasts, and Munich is actually very green. I really enjoy both cities as they are very big and varied, yet with a lot of open space. I kinda miss that here since we don't have much nature to speak of and the population density is quite a bit denser than either place.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:52 AM

11,499 posts, read 17,050,395 times
They are both fun places to visit.

Munich. In a heartbeat.

Old Today, 01:58 PM

3,584 posts, read 2,717,070 times
Montreal could be at that level, again I haven't spent very much time there, and it does seem to be a very dynamic destination, also. The fact it's winning (or even close) in a poll against a place like Munich, really shows how outstanding it is perceived to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or