U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old Today, 01:04 PM
13 posts, read 2,095 times
Reputation: 10


Hi there, let's say if I move to Hong Kong long term as an American who is from an income tax state (California or Ohio) on the 1st of January on 2019. Do i need to pay any Ohio dividend/capital gain tax on my income generated in a US domiciled investment account even if that I have not lived in Ohio in the entirety of 2019? How can I avoid state taxes if I live abroad on my investments domiciled in the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:14 PM
Location: Teach an Fhir Bholg
12,107 posts, read 13,462,113 times
Reputation: 32669
I changed my address to a foreign country in 2000, my American accountant has never suggested that I should still be paying the state tax of the state I used to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top