U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More racially integrated?
U.S 33 55.00%
U.K 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 PM

20,052 posts, read 18,711,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Well you make a good point. It is hard not to buy clothes that were made in sweatshops. Some times these sweatshops are similar to slave labour. Illegal immigrants keep going to the USA because there are Americans always willing to exploit them. Illegal immigration is something Americans could have stopped along time ago if they really wanted to but too many people were making money. I recently over heard some Asians talking about how their families in the US were against the wall because they need illegals to run their business, basically people to exploit. They thought this was the funniest thing in the world. That is the reality of the world we live in.
Indeed, the cloths industry is one of the most damaging ones in the world these days.
Our entire materialist culture based on low prices is destroying people and the environment in developing countries.

Or think of Nafta, where the Mexicans were forced by the US to import corn, which drove lots of small Mexican farmers into poverty and suicide even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There is a difference between having your own preferences (which we all have) and saying that certain things have less value.
I don't remember saying anything about "value".
I think there are two kinds of people: those that are happy with what they know, and those that are not and thus look elsewhere.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM
AFP

6,486 posts, read 3,902,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But neither black Africans nor Indians have a history of expansion, colonization etc.
Black Africans do look up the Bantu Expansion.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Black Africans do look up the Bantu Expansion.
But not to other continents, like Europeans did...

Old 02-12-2019, 12:51 PM

21,236 posts, read 26,411,989 times
Quote:
I don't remember saying anything about "value".
I think there are two kinds of people: those that are happy with what they know, and those that are not and thus look elsewhere.
If you're thinking that I am part of the first group, you couldn't be more wrong. Though I do think that a well balanced person is one that can appreciate what they have at home in addition to what exists elsewhere.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:54 PM
AFP

Quote:
But not to other continents, like Europeans did...

Where do you think Europeans came from before displacing the Neanderthals? They weren't white back then either LOL.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Where do you think Europeans came from before displacing the Neanderthals? They weren't white back then either LOL.
The ancestors of modern Europeans were not black Africans, but people similar to the San/Bushmen.

Either way, it is irrelevant because fact is, it was Europeans who committed all those atrocities just a few centuries ago. Speculating that others might have done the same thing, is no excuse.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:55 PM
AFP

Quote:
The ancestors of modern Europeans were not black Africans, but people similar to the San/Bushmen.

Either way, it is irrelevant because fact is, it was Europeans who committed all those atrocities just a few centuries ago. Speculating that others might have done the same thing, is no excuse.
Okay you're entitled to feel guilty about it if that's what you want.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Okay you're entitled to feel guilty about it if that's what you want.
It's not about guilt, but responsibility and justice, so I won't complain about a couple million Africans or Indians coming to Europe.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 PM
AFP

Quote:
It's not about guilt, but responsibility and justice, so I won't complain about a couple million Africans or Indians coming to Europe.
In the case of Portugal if they are Angolans, Cape Verdeans, Mozambicans, from Guinea-Bissau and Goa that's fine within reason they should take priority, (as long as it's not much of a burden) as far as the rest they're owed nothing and don't share any common values. Why would you even want them there? This should be decided by the Portuguese people and to my knowledge you're not a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or