Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More racially integrated?
U.S 36 53.73%
U.K 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:51 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Even more disturbing is that 90%+ of illegal drugs trafficked into the United States come from Mexico and other Latin American countries.
You are right. It is pretty disturbing there is such a big market for these things in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
You are right. It is pretty disturbing there is such a big market for these things in the US.
Ooops - those junkie doctors, lawyers, chefs and Wall Street bankers don't approve your comment.

Careful you don't end up like the Pattys of this world (courtesy of Joanna everyone's favourite Venezuelan).

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 02-13-2019 at 07:10 PM..

Old 02-13-2019, 07:18 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
[quote=UrbanLuis;54426706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

LOL I have yet to see a Latino family like this.

I assure you most Latinos are not like the dealer that hooks you up. Behind most thugs is a hard working Mom that people don't see.

1. You live in Canada there are lots of neighborhoods like this in LA for example.

2. I know most Latino's aren't like that I prefaced my statement by some segments there are more Latino's withing a 1 hour driving radius of where I currently live then live in the entire country of Canada. You also likely don't interact with the criminal element like I do because of work.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
It's not only that entire communities of Latino's and AA that have been desensitized to criminal thinking and criminality. It's normal to have several family members that are in a gang to have a father or a mother with a criminal record or currently doing time. These sorts of things are an embarrassment and a disgrace in some communities but in some segments of the AA and Latino communities it's considered just part of life. It's just what some segments do to survive being a human trafficker or meth dealer is seen no different in some segments than being a teacher or stock broker in some other communities. "That's just what my family does to make ends meet" is the thinking in some cases. This is also found among some segments of poor white people.
If this is true then it also has to be accepted that entire communities of white Americans have been desensitized to drug use, specially hard drugs. Using drugs is considered part of life and coming of age in high school and colleges. Using drugs is viewed among some white Americans like having a beer in other communties. This is also a problem in other communties just not as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzjVjMqplm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5T5Y0U0Xc

Old 02-13-2019, 07:24 PM

[quote=AFP;54426930]
Quote:

1. You live in Canada there are lots of neighborhoods like this in LA for example.

2. I know most Latino's aren't like that I prefaced my statement by some segments there are more Latino's withing a 1 hour driving radius of where I currently live then live in the entire country of Canada. You also likely don't interact with the criminal element like I do because of work.

What are you a cop?

My entire family on my Mother side lives in LA. I lived there myself and I know the city well. None of them are like you described. I have yet too meet any Latinos that view any of the **** acceptable.

I did know some gangsters I have to admit that, but behind every gangster I knew as kid and played ball with on the street. There was also a hard working Mom working two jobs trying to make ends meet. No one ever sees that.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 PM
AFP

[quote=UrbanLuis;54426981]
Quote:

What are you a cop?

My entire family on my Mother side lives in LA. I lived there myself and I know the city well. None of them are like you described. I have yet too meet any Latinos that view any of the **** acceptable.

I did know some gangsters I have to admit that, but behind every gangster I knew as kid and played ball with on the street. There was also a hard working Mom working two jobs trying to make ends meet. No one ever sees that.
No I'm not I don't want to say what I do they're are too many trolls on this forum.

I don't live in LA I just give it as an example I live further up north I don't want to say where I live or what I do I want to keep my identity private. If you want to know what I do you can PM me.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about I work with someone who recently acquired his degree he grew up in an environment with his whole family were gang members luckily his dad got out all his family on that side were very well connected high ranking gang members their either in prison, dead, or still active. It had been like that for at least three generations.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:49 AM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You sort of missed the point. That's assuming there are such jobs available. Also, if you're already desperate, you need money now. Also, if you have an ethnic sounding name, it is a lot harder to get callbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7SG2C7IVU
Even for Joe Jobs in fast food places, corner stores or as cleaners? You're a citizen of the United States and live in a metro of several hundred thousand to millions of people and can't find any work at all? That's extremely hard to believe - even if your name is Jose or Ahmed.

BTW, I want to point out I am not a right winger at all.

I am actually a big proponent of the social safety net and think it should be even more generous in my own country - and I live in Canada.

But it should primarily be for people who legitimately can't work (people with disabilities, for example) or a temporary bail-out for people who are down on their luck. I am also in favour of programs who give a leg up to people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds.

But overall, almost nowhere in the U.S. is like a Brazilian favela where people have no choice but to turn to a life of crime in order to survive.

As Glenn Frey sang in the song Smuggler's Blues:

It's the lure of easy money
It's got a very strong appeal

Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 AM

[quote=AFP;54427695]
Quote:

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about I work with someone who recently acquired his degree he grew up in an environment with his whole family were gang members luckily his dad got out all his family on that side were very well connected high ranking gang members their either in prison, dead, or still active. It had been like that for at least three generations.
Yeah it happens but that is not the norm. Those people you are talking about are probably mostly Chicano (multi-generational Americans) With little to no connection to any country outside of the US. They are American as apple pie.

The Mexican mafia prison gang is only Mexican in name. They have been around since the 60s and don't even allow people born in Mexico in their ranks. They call us Central Americans "cerotes" which means pieces of ****.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:55 AM
AFP

[quote=UrbanLuis;54430709]
Quote:

Yeah it happens but that is not the norm. Those people you are talking about are probably mostly Chicano (multi-generational Americans) With little to no connection to any country outside of the US. They are American as apple pie.

The Mexican mafia prison gang is only Mexican in name. They have been around since the 60s and don't even allow people born in Mexico in their ranks. They call us Central Americans "cerotes" which means pieces of ****.
I didn't say it was the norm that's why I prefaced my comments by some segments of the Latino community I also included AA's and poor white people. They aren't American as apple pie most of their families arrived after the 1930's. they bulk after the 1950's. I have a close family member that screens applicants for law enforcement and what I can tell you is that a lot of Latino's are disqualified because they often have family members connected to criminal organizations. That isn't common among most other groups we have one Latina well half/Latina that married into the family wonderful person and nice family but in the extended family you find riff raff.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:07 AM

[quote=AFP;54430970]
Quote:

I have a close family member that screens applicants for law enforcement and what I can tell you is that a lot of Latino's are disqualified because they often have family members connected to criminal organizations.

You can deny some one a job because a family member, another person has ties with gangs? How does that work?

What percentage of LA county Sheriffs are Latino? I am willing to bet the number is significant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World