U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: More racially integrated?
U.S 33 55.00%
U.K 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
AFP
 
6,486 posts, read 3,902,305 times
Reputation: 5558

Advertisements

[quote=UrbanLuis;54431128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post


You can deny some one a job because a family member, another person has ties with gangs? How does that work?

What percentage of LA county Sheriffs are Latino? I am willing to bet the number is significant.
I don't deny anyone but the organization he works for has criteria.




Lots of Latino's in Law enforcement and lots of Latino's working for the organization he works for but a huge chunk of the applicants he screens are disqualified. Of course there are a lot of Latino's that have no connection to organized crime what he has noticed though is that it is a reason for disqualification significantly more often among Latino's. There are many different criteria that can by used to disqualify and if they think someone is being untruthful they issue a poly graph.


Don't ask me what department he works for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,236 posts, read 26,411,989 times
Reputation: 8346
I know that for some jobs here in Canada the security clearance process can go quite far. I've heard them check all the way to the parents of your siblings' spouses, for example. Stuff like that.


So I am not really surprised by any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
20,052 posts, read 18,711,721 times
Reputation: 8035
Gee, can't you people fix your quotes? The number of quote tags has to be the same as the number of end-of-quote tags...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
AFP
 
6,486 posts, read 3,902,305 times
Reputation: 5558
The racial distribution of a city in California. Does it look integrated to you? Population above 500,00 for the large cluster the area represents well over 1 million close to 2.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S vs U.K Which is more racially integrated?-rd.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,600 posts, read 4,163,255 times
Reputation: 3084
[quote=AFP;54431236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
. Of course there are a lot of Latino's that have no connection to organized crime.
Most don't.

Quote:
I know that for some jobs here in Canada the security clearance process can go quite far. I've heard them check all the way to the parents of your siblings' spouses, for example. Stuff like that.


So I am not really surprised by any of this.
Yeah Imagine this is true specially in Quebec where a lot of people have connections to "Les Hells" and Rock Machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,600 posts, read 4,163,255 times
Reputation: 3084
Where is that Fresno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The racial distribution of a city in California. Does it look integrated to you? Population above 500,00 for the large cluster the area represents well over 1 million close to 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,236 posts, read 26,411,989 times
Reputation: 8346
[quote=UrbanLuis;54431769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post

Most don't.



Yeah Imagine this is true specially in Quebec where a lot of people have connections to "Les Hells" and Rock Machine.
Umm, that's not what I meant and that's definitely not the reason why they do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,600 posts, read 4,163,255 times
Reputation: 3084
[quote=Acajack;54431847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

Umm, that's not what I meant and that's definitely not the reason why they do this.
So then what was your point? AFP was pretty clear. Hispanics are rejected for having ties with "Organized crime".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
20,052 posts, read 18,711,721 times
Reputation: 8035
Again, fix your quotes, because one doesn't know anymore who said what!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
20,052 posts, read 18,711,721 times
Reputation: 8035
Interesting rankings on the integration of US cities:

https://www4.uwm.edu/eti/integration/integration.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top