Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It was for decades de-rigeur for children to use the old Roman Salute (that Hitler later hijacked for his purposes) in American schools to salute the flag during the oath of allegiance every morning.

https://forgottenhistoryblog.com/the...hitler-salute/

As you might appreciate, when it became worldwide known for another type of allegiance entirely; it was very quickly done away with.
Thanks, never knew that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 AM

27,561 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovia View Post
America is still haunted by that backwards horrible puritan anglo crap from the 16th century, and all those backwater antiquated protestant values brought to the land three centuries ago.

Once White anglos lose their control, the US Will become a much more civilized nation.
The United States is arguably the most successful nation in the history of the world. We are the only nation to land humans on the moon, and that was 50 years ago.

Why do you think we would want to change any of this? So that we can go downhill from here?

Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Here in America, those of us who actually love our country think of it as kind of exceptional and consider ourselves as being a part of an exclusive club. Maybe some people don’t want to hear that, but it is what it is.

It’s not just about freedom. It is also about our representative democracy, our Constitution and form of government, our unique brand of capitalism and the economic opportunities it gives to the people who live here. And certainly, it’s about the countless heroes who lost their lives in battles and elsewhere so that we have the luck and fortune to live the way we do.

This is why we don’t find it acceptable when someone disrespects our flag, our Pledge of Allegiance, our national anthem and our country. If somebody doesn’t like the American way of life or think that most of this country is racist or whatever, then they shouldn’t live here. America is not going to change for them. They can disrespect and hate America all they want in any other country and nobody will say a word.
Nah, I'd rather do it to the faces of people like this. They need to learn to tolerate those who are not like them. It wouldn't kill them to do so.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I know of an American girl who lost her job, and her life was pretty much ruined because she became a sex ofender.

You might be wondering who she raped. Well, she didn't rape anyone, it was saturday night… more like sunday around 4Am, she drove with her hookup date to an isolated parking lot and inside the car proceeded to give her man a blow job.

The cops came and approached the car because they saw movement and they were arrested and forced to register as sex offenders…. a database shared by pedophiles and more... (Many others in that databse are there for stupid stuff like showing her boobs on a public space or getting jacked off by her GF at a public bathroom when no one was around.

Have in mind it was around 4am and NO ONE WAS AROUND, just an empty desolate parking lot.

There is something serious with a country that sees mass shootings, gore and violence as perfectly normal.... but sex as something to be punished for.

I think blacks, Mexicans and Asians are going civilize the US and bring it out of the dark ages.

America is still haunted by that backwards horrible puritan anglo crap from the 16th century, and all those backwater antiquated protestant values brought to the land three centuries ago.

Once White anglos lose their control, the US Will become a much more civilized nation.

It Will be more disciplined and learning oriented thanks to the Asians.

It Will be more festive, hard working, and family oriented thanks to the Mexicans.

It Will be much more focused on helping the weak and emphasizing equality thanks to the blacks.

With the end of white America, 18th century anglo values to die.... therefore we can expect Less guns, less racism, less good ole Boys, less god, less phony pastors and their churches, and more common sense.

Of course, many whites in America are good people and also perpetuate good values and more than happily Will be part of a new more fair and sensible America.
But good riddance to the "goold ole murecah", it Will die and take away its Rupert Murdoch, its Trump, its peroxide blondes from fox news, its suburbias, its fear of darkie, and its stupid shopping malls. (All antiquated protestan values)
This is already starting to happen in California and this is why they hate California so much. You know what they say, as California goes, so does the rest of the nation.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:32 AM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times
This really seems to have been poorly handled by the teacher, the school and even the police to some degree.

In a country like the U.S. people have a right to dissent, and the freedoms that the Constitution and various other documents and principles the country is supposedly founded upon actually cover that one specifically.

It may seem odd for me to say this, but as for the kid, though, I am not sure I like his future prospects if this is his attitude towards authority at that young an age. It's one thing to stand up for what you believe in but one does have to question the upbringing that might lead a child that young to do something like that. I guess there is a slim chance he might end up being a strong, successful advocate/activist type like Jesse Jackson, but if we're not being naïve I think we're all aware of where that road generally leads for 99% of kids who behave this way.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:46 AM

83 posts, read 64,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The United States is arguably the most successful nation in the history of the world. We are the only nation to land humans on the moon, and that was 50 years ago.

Why do you think we would want to change any of this? So that we can go downhill from here?
It's common sense, the US is the super power of the moment.
If this was 1500 you'd be telling me Spain is the most succesful nation in the history of the world. And if we were in the year 400 you'd tell me Rome is the most powerful nation in the history of humanity.

its all relative to the time.

Plus... the US is a superpower because it has plenty of natural resources and land. Plus it attracts brilliant minds from Asia, Africa, Latin america, india, because they have the money (though they are starting to face competition now)

It's not like the US is a super power because of the average White American!!!

Go to a hospital and almost everyone in the profesional staff is India, jewish, Chinese.

Go to Syllicon valley and most are foreigners.

Go to the Nasa headquarters and most of the scientists are from all over the planet. I recall the lady who gave us the tour was an astrophycisist from Brazil.

That is what makes the US powerful…. it ability to import brilliant minds from anywhere in the world.

It's not thanks to White Americans being super intelligent or anything of the sort.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This is already starting to happen in California and this is why they hate California so much. You know what they say, as California goes, so does the rest of the nation.
Yes it is happening as you say.

Stagnant,´gun loving, jesus christ worshipping, racist, White washed, straight old White male dominated America is dying. Trump is one of its lasts kicks (dying mules kick the hardest).

I say good riddance!!!

Old 02-19-2019, 09:56 AM

Any politician who wants to make it in the 21st century is gonna have to get with the program in regards to.

-EQUALITY

-REGULATING CORPORATIONS

-PROVIDING EVERYONE WITH AFFORDABLE EDUCATION AND HEALTHCARE

-THE ENVIRONMENT, MILLENIAL VOTERS HAVE A BIG PROBLEM AHEAD OF THEM IN REGARDS TO THE CLIMATE

now corporations are trying to figure out how to continue to sell big cookie cutter mcmansions to the millenials, enormous SUv's, how to encourage consumption because it is all going downhill for them. They havent gotten the memo that milleanial Americans dont care about those rancid things.

The babyboomers are dying and with them the consumerism, the entitlement, the racism, the me me me, the shopping mall.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:10 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The kid is immature and does not know what all of his rights are. I'm going by what was in the article. It says:

The Lakeland Police Department said in a news release that the student was not arrested for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. “This arrest was based on the student’s choice to disrupt the classroom, make threats and resisting the officer’s efforts to leave the classroom,” the release said. .... it also says ... he refused to stand for the pledge, telling the teacher that he thinks the flag and the national anthem are “racist” against black people, according to an affidavit. The teacher then had what appeared to be a contentious exchange with him. .... and .... the situation escalated. The student yelled at the dean and a school resource officer who came to the classroom, accused them of being racist and repeatedly refused to leave the room.

Now I don't know if that school is racist or not but it was the student's choice to be disruptive, make threats and resist efforts to have him leave the classroom peacefully. Regardless of his rights to say or not say the pledge of allegiance he does NOT have a right to be disruptive and make threats in school.

Yes, the teacher probably handled it wrong, the teacher would have been better off to not question his refusal and let him sit it out, or else just excuse the student from the classroom until after the rest of the classroom had finished saying the pledge. Then they could have had a discussion about it privately AFTER class was let out. But I think the student was deliberately being disruptive, playing a victim card and picked the wrong time and place to be a protestor about racism. Maybe everyone was wrong the way they handled it, the student just as much as everyone.

I still think the student was being a cocky little jerk who chose to refuse the pledge as his excuse so he could follow through with his premeditated choice to be a disruptive grandstander about racism to his classmates. And now he has set the stage for more young elementary school aged students to pull the same disruptive stunts in other classrooms. He gets no sympathy from me and deserves the 3 day suspension that he got.

We actually don't know if he knew his rights, but we do know the teacher didn't. One doesn't have to be aware of rights to have them.

So. IMO the child should of been reprimanded for causing a disturbance. Calling the police has just made the situation worse. You should be able to be a cocky little jerk at 11 years of age, at school, and not have the police called.

Again we don't know if the child was playing the victim card. A lot of questions remain. Like why they decided to do it then? Was there something they learned about the pledge that they disagreed with? Justice for all rings hollow in Florida for a lot of black people.

In the end, the child's actions did some good. It probably taught a lot of Americans a right they didn't know they had??

LOL I thought you had a little bit more of the rebel in you Zoiste. Does this mean I have to scratch your name off the resistors list in case of US invasion You were our best reconnaissance person. No one suspected your snow scratchings were actually signals

Old 02-19-2019, 10:13 AM

27,561 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Plus... the US is a superpower because it has plenty of natural resources and land. Plus it attracts brilliant minds from Asia, Africa, Latin america, india, because they have the money
Yes, it is definitely a great thing for highly educated people from all over the world to come to America by legal means, speak English and contribute to the nation's economy and society.

America will always be an English-based country. Not based on Spanish or any other language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World