Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:17 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
100% right. People in EE still lived much better life than those in North Korea.

That's very debatable, friend of my grandfather for example was killed for telling 'anti-communist jokes' by feeding him alive to the pigs back in the day in Bulgaria (so "romania"). Though this had happened in the worst years of Stalinism (50s), there was common expression that someone is going to 'the pigs' if they're anti-communist.

Even so you'd end up in a camp for being anti-government or even going to church was to be reported. North Korea definitly resembles one of the periods be it 45-55 or late 80s in eastern europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 07:03 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Okay, different scenario...

You wake up as the North Korean in North Korea but you still remember everything from your original life.
What would you do?

I honestly think this could be a successful serie on netflix especially since most series/movies about body switches are comedic.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
That's very debatable, friend of my grandfather for example was killed for telling 'anti-communist jokes' by feeding him alive to the pigs back in the day in Bulgaria (so "romania"). Though this had happened in the worst years of Stalinism (50s), there was common expression that someone is going to 'the pigs' if they're anti-communist.

Even so you'd end up in a camp for being anti-government or even going to church was to be reported. North Korea definitly resembles one of the periods be it 45-55 or late 80s in eastern europe.
Things happened to individuals, but generally, people had better life, especially after Stalin died. But I disagree with the late 80's, or at least not in Poland and most likely not in Hungary. Those two countries were always rebellious against the communistic regime.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:20 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Okay, different scenario...

You wake up as the North Korean in North Korea but you still remember everything from your original life.
What would you do?

I honestly think this could be a successful serie on netflix especially since most series/movies about body switches are comedic.
Probably would try to form a big scale revolt/resistance. That seems to be the only way to make changes...

Old 05-16-2019, 12:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post

Yes, bad things were done during that era in East Europe, there is no doubt about it but in my opinion the difference is that stalinism in Eastern europe lasted about ten years- so it was a part of the whole 'communist' era but in N. Korea there is a constant, permanent stalinism (and even worse one than it was in East Europe).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World